Hasegawas 109F is out

gorane

Hm, i wonder if this kit could be built as a F-2. But the turbocharger intake is different from F-2 to F4, and i am afraid there are some more points. Any hint for Hasegawa doing a F-2 too? :notworking:

Thomas

Kit there is a dedicated F-4Z trop from the looks of it, F-2 you'll need new oil and air cooler intakes and a different prop.....the Z used the G series ones so Hasegawa took a shortcut.

It's just a new set or parts trees so it'll happen. I'm thinking we'll get a G-2 sooner if they've rigged the cowling for the air scoops on the nose as add on parts....I'll see when I get the kits

I haven't seen anyone bash the accuracy from tiny internet pics of test shots...so this must be the best kit ever!

With shipping, or from a US distributor, this thing's gonna be around $70....which sort of makes me want to puke for what you get in the box (typically worthless thick decals with beige colored whites, a sparse cockpit, no seatbelts, etc).

Hopefully Revell of Germany will rebox this and keep it to a much more realistic price of $40.

Hopefully it's a proper F.

For now, I'll raid the Aires conversion set to make the promodeler G-4 an F-4.

I'm not bashing this kit at all. The plastic, assuming the new parts are of the same quality as before, is all probably great. It's just that, for the better part of a C note, I'm gonna need a at least usable decals.

I haven't seen anyone bash the accuracy from tiny internet pics of test shots...so this must be the best kit ever!

With shipping, or from a US distributor, this thing's gonna be around $70....which sort of makes me want to puke for what you get in the box (typically worthless thick decals with beige colored whites, a sparse cockpit, no seatbelts, etc).

Hopefully Revell of Germany will rebox this and keep it to a much more realistic price of $40.

Hopefully it's a proper F.

For now, I'll raid the Aires conversion set to make the promodeler G-4 an F-4.

I'm not bashing this kit at all. The plastic, assuming the new parts are of the same quality as before, is all probably great. It's just that, for the better part of a C note, I'm gonna need a at least usable decals.

Price with shipping for 2 with shipping from 1999.com just cost me $99.00 USD. I don't often preorder kits but figuring the Aires convervion can with doner kit would be $40-50 dollars I prefer the OOB opition

Couple of interesting points on the sprue shots.

New tool fuselage has (not for use on this release) Galland Panzer armoured glass for canopy, next to that is a revamp of the G/K style seat back. Also note four windscreen types. Wonder if this heralds a new re-tooled 109G and maybe K series?

Layout of the front upper deck and supercharger insert allows for F-2 (layout holds all relevant parts that would change for F-2 on seperate sprues).

Also maybe 2 types of trop filter and new parts to create properly the 'Freise Gap' boundary air outlet on the upper radiator flap - not previously captured in any kit AFAIK (maybe new Zvezda F has them) - that is a GOOD catch by Hasegawa.

Don't quite understand the two part (vertically split) seat..? Looks like a cackhanded attempt at 109E type seat used on some of the earlier F-2s. The G type seat should suffice (looks like one is in there) for an F-4.

Overall I like the look of it - now lets see what Eduard can produce (personally I'd love to see Zvezda upscale their Fs - they look really nice).

Matt

Couple of interesting points on the sprue shots.

Don't quite understand the two part (vertically split) seat..? Looks like a cackhanded attempt at 109E type seat used on some of the earlier F-2s. The G type seat should suffice (looks like one is in there) for an F-4.

Matt

Marssillies birds had that style seat, since that is the markings offered makes sense. Other F-4's will take some research.

The galland armor is more than likely just carried over from the parts trees used for the G-4/6/14/K line....their reusing allot of that.

I get mine I'll try and get some sprue shots around the net