Trumpeter English Electric Lightning corrections

Iain

OK - appears there's some interest out there still - thanks for all your responses!

No promises as I'm still on a very steep learning curve here - but am feeling more motivated again. Don't have a lot of self confidence in my abilities these days - so can be my own worst enemy when it comes to getting things finished.

Fortunately I have some very good friends who've had experience of producing their own model products who seem to be happy to give their advice/expertise when needed.

As you can see - most of the basic shapes are done (a huge amount of work) - it's final fettling and surface detail that needs to be done - although I haven't sorted the wings yet.

I'm still a way off having anything of production quality - but will focus first on finishing the canopy/sill area as I think this will have the most impact on a finished model.

Liberator wing correction priority - but I'll take some Lightning parts into the office so I can fettle at lunchtimes when I'm in the office.

I'd still really like to do a few Lightning builds for my own enjoyment - which is where this all originated!

Blue skies,

Iain

8 hours ago, Robthepom said:

i subscribed to your website, i'm very interested

Is there a reason why i cant see the earlier photos on this thread anymore???

Apologies - the photos were hosted on my old website - so links no longer work I'm afraid.

I still have all the photos - so if there's anything you want me to dig out and re-post just shout.

Iain

On 4/29/2019 at 10:44 PM, Iain (32SIG) said:

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

Have been asked a few times recently what happened to the Lightning parts I was working on for the Trumpeter 1:32 Lightning...

Well, I kind of lost the will on this one - kept finding new things that needed fixing and lost interest - just got burned out.

However, with the recent emails I've received (plus seeing another Lightning project appear on LSP) I'm thinking it would be a pity to waste all the work I've done so far.

So - question - is there still interest in some correction parts out there?

This is where I was at:

48b427_47eb3f567bc94b898892cb2ef32702bc~

Above: F1a

48b427_48d79b4aac294806b20bf6842d12134a~

Above: F Mk 3

48b427_317c145a8ae14f779f47d0b1733e0166~

Above: F Mk 6

48b427_2c810477eab04300a6f6534c943cb492~

Canopy and cockpit sill area...

48b427_53884d233e214a439bbc034e13e8b4a9~

Cannon ports...

48b427_eabf56e96eab4922a11d50cf44aa6279~