Revell Fw 190D "Black 6"

Kahunaminor

Posted this over at HS for the new group build and figured I should inflict it on you guys as well. :piliot: Revell's reboxing of the Hasegawa kit. Built for the 2009 NSW model expo here in Australia. My first effort at 1/32 scale which took about 9 months and finished in a flurry with an all nighter to get it on the comp table! :( Aztek A470 airbrush, MM enamels, MDC cockpit and wheels, Aires gun bay, Eduard harness, Promodeller dark wash, Dullcote lacquer finish, kit decals and EZ line for the antenna. Jerry Crandall's Dora volume 1 as a reference.

IMG_7298-1.jpg

IMG_7304.jpg

IMG_7299-1.jpg

06052009106-1.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I like that kind of green showbase. A very subtle way to catch the attention of the crowd :piliot:

Just kidding. Very nice bird and paintjob. Any problems with the installation of the resin parts or the behavior of paints during rush-painting? Very late-waresque mode of paint application, to say so.

Kind regards!

- dutik

Any problems with the installation of the resin parts or the behavior of paints during rush-painting?

Kind regards!

- dutik

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah that green does catch the eye!

This was the first time I used resin parts on a build. They were not "drop in" but with a little bit of care with the reading the instructions, careful sanding and a lot of dry fitting it wasn't that difficult. Nick Mayhew has a great 190 build of the same kit with the MDC set at the moment. He has presented it in a much better format than I have. The Aires set worked well and only required some thought and a bit of care. The painting went well too. I spent the majority of the last night painting and just left a bit of time in between for drying time (and lots of coffee). From memory the last coat of Dullcote went on about 0600 and then a couple of hours for that to set up and the final additions went on. I must admit it is a bit of a blur :piliot:

Thanks for looking.