Bf 110C IP - Eduard - 1/4 scale

Wurzacher

Hello my friends,

having my Ju 88 built stalled again due to circumstances with the canopy parts i had to do something else trying to get the fun again. I accidently rediscovered this model when i was looking through my stash for something else...

This IP was or is part of Eduards Bf 110 Royal Class release in 1/48 scale. I did not want to buy this release, but wanted to have this 1/4 scale IP. With some luck i found one on ebay around two years ago. Construction was perfect due to Eduards awesome mold making. Only the instrument dials printed on black vinyl needed some persuasion to separate from the backing sheet. I built this board very fast in about a week ( a time span i am proud of... :wacko: ).

Painting was done with Gunze H305 (my RLM 66) and Tamiya semi gloss black for the instrument dials, the knobs, and a lot of tiny screws that had to be glued to the bezels. I glued it with Pattex glue for plastic modelling, Tamiya Extra Thin Cement and Gator´s Glue for all the pre-painted metall parts and very fine needles on the instruments. A help and inspiration has been Brett Green´s built in Classic Modelling Guide: "The Luftwaffe in the Battle of Britain 1940".

I painted some instruments following a restaured board i found on the net. I´ll plan to have a suitable frame for this IP and will hang it on a wall like a picture.

Hope you like it, guys. Here are the pics:

Bf110IP1zu4Eduard006100kb.jpg

Edited by Wurzacher

Thanks a lot, Kevin and Frank! Glad you like it, even when it´s not washed, drybrushed, preshaded, postshaded, afterpostshaded, ... :wacko: I made it the way i like it, that´s what counts imho.

Have some more shots from the side to show it more dimensional:

Bf110IP1zu4Eduard014100kb.jpg

A limited but quite nice looking range of panel sets and individual instruments, rudder pedals, Revi sight etc are available from PropagTeam.

Never quite got around to buying anything from them. The 1/4 scale 109G panel does look very nice... Link to front page of their site.

http://www.propagteam.cz/interiery_en.asp

Matt