BoB Gladiator

Out2gtcha

Im no expert on the Gladiator but have always loved it.

I know there is only 1 (soon to be forthcoming at the end of this very month) kit out there if it in 1/32.

So my question is this:

How much work would it take to turn this:

GlosterSeaGladiatorBOX.jpg

Into this:

profile_gladiator_02.gif

Gloster Gladiator Mk. II

247 Squadron RAF

Roborough, Devonshire, November 1940

OR this:

247sqnglad.gif

Also RAF 247 sq markings from BoB

I know the Silver Wings kit is the "Sea Gladiator" and does come with RAF decals for a Mk II version ,Mk II N 5519"G6A" - 802 Squadron, HMS Glorius, 1939, but I would LOVE to scratch up some custom decals for the 247 squadron that actually operated during the BoB in 1940.

Also from a bit of research ive done the apparent differences according to Silver Wings's Wojtek Kulakowski are

- Sea Gladiator had better engine (more power) - Difference would be NIL to me as I would not mess with the appearance of the provided resin engine.

- different propellers - Scratch built prop?

- Sea Gladiator had additional hook under the fuselage and a dinghy pack - Simple as removing or leaving these 2 things off?

- different control panels - ????? Not worth changing if just a minimal difference in pit controls

Sounds like all it may take is a scratching up a different prop, leaving the hook and dinghy pack off maybe?

For those in the know about the Gladiator and/or the Battle of Britain GB any info is greatly appreciated. :D

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Brian