1:32 Tamiya Spitfire Mk.IXc GC 1/4 "Dauphine". Armee de l&#3

Ralph Riese

Simply stunning! One of the best models I've ever seen. Your painting and weathering technique are incredibly good! I just wish I had the skills to produce a model as lovely as that. :bow:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

This is the second Spitfire I've seen on here without it seems (I may be wrong) preshading of every panel line. I am close to painting mine now and think for me this may be the way to go. I used to think preshading was great, but having seen your Spit and one other, I now think they look far more realistic..... fantastic job. Hope I can get mine as good :)

At first I didn't notice who did this one because the first image blew me away. When I saw it was you Ralph, i said "off cause".

Stunning. Fantastic weathering and even though it seems strange to say 'crisp' about such a beat-up plane it the only word I can think of.

I am just beginning to use paint masks myself, but I find the ones I bought (won't mention any names) hard to use. Do you have experience with more than miracle masks and chose them because they were the best, or did it just work for you the first time ?