1/32 Tigger Models J 29A Tunnan

AndersN

An attempt to build a Tigger Models SAAB J 29A Tunnan.

When I bought this kit five years ago I said to myself, this will NEVER get built. Maybe I was right. :blink:

DSCN3007.jpg

Fuselage halves separated an compared to upscaled not-too-accurate Björn Karlström drawings.

Yes.

DSCN3015.jpg

They fit. So far.

DSCN3020.jpg

According to 225% Björn.

DSCN3021.jpg

Works for me.

DSCN3241.jpg

This surgery was one of the things that I feared most with this kit. Far from 100% but it'll work. And a small mishap with the first (the right (glued) part) measured/cut door. Easily corrected tho.

Wheelwells next. Fresh photos taken this afternoon at the Flygvapenmuseum Linköping.

Now where did I put that J 29 Spare parts catalog?

Anders

Yahoo! (Oops, sorry...Google!). Someone is finally building this one. I'll be following along very closely Anders, as I have this kit too, and it's just about my favourite jet. I always figured that I'd be the first guy on LSP to do a WIP on it, but I'm afraid to start mine. I'll be nagging you for any references, photos and drawings you might have, too. :blink:

Kev

At least you have a real one nearby. Visited Linköping museum this year after reopening. Looks nice. Only drawback: They put the moden jets and helis at the ceiling of a dark room, so it isimpossible to get good detail shots. Not to mention to crawl into the UC bays and to look inside the cockpits like at the other room...

Go ahead! Happy modelling!

Regards - dutik

Hello Anders,

Nice to see this build in the works in progress section. The Tunnan is an aircraft I like very much indeed (as Kev already knows - I like all of the Saab range of aircraft almost equally as much...It would be nice to see the Swedish preserved flying J-29 whistling around the UK skies!).

I shall watch this build with interest, so good luck Anders.

:BANGHEAD2:

Derek

Yahoo! (Oops, sorry...Google!). Someone is finally building this one. I'll be following along very closely Anders, as I have this kit too, and it's just about my favourite jet. I always figured that I'd be the first guy on LSP to do a WIP on it, but I'm afraid to start mine. I'll be nagging you for any references, photos and drawings you might have, too. :evil_laugh:

Kev

I'll post references :lol:

I'm loving this. The Tunnan is great. Reminds me of the projects the Luftwaffe had in store.

Yeah doesn't it! Both 29 Tunnan and 32 Lansen were, imho, inspired by german designs.

At least you have a real one nearby. Visited Linköping museum this year after reopening. Looks nice. Only drawback: They put the moden jets and helis at the ceiling of a dark room, so it isimpossible to get good detail shots. Not to mention to crawl into the UC bays and to look inside the cockpits like at the other room...

Go ahead! Happy modelling!

Regards - dutik

I agree with you. Most visitors do, except the politicians and grandma. I don't know how much they paid for the S 31 Spitfire PR.XIX back then but it was alot including a couple of 32 Lansens and now it hangs high above the Catalina...shame

At least the Catalina is beautifully restored.

Hello Anders,

Nice to see this build in the works in progress section. The Tunnan is an aircraft I like very much indeed (as Kev already knows - I like all of the Saab range of aircraft almost equally as much...It would be nice to see the Swedish preserved flying J-29 whistling around the UK skies!).

I shall watch this build with interest, so good luck Anders.

:rofl:

Derek

Yeah it is nice to see one flying again. It didn't fly at the big show this summer, I wonder why.

My favourite SAAB is the B 18B twin engine bomber. How about that one in 1/32? :D

Anders

My favourite SAAB is the B 18B twin engine bomber. How about that one in 1/32? :evil_laugh:

:rofl: Hmmm...From a personal view as a 'one off' scratch build project, maybe yes, but I'm not so sure about it as a commercial prospect (unlike other Saab aircraft - which I have plans for! :D).

Derek

(EDIT: Just checked out the Saab 18 gen, and I see why you like it so much...It's sort of Dornier Do 17-ish, isn't it? :lol:).

Got to hand it to u as doing the J39 from Tig.U'er work is SUPER and just to good to be true as to u'er steps on this project.We guys who do vac have got to do the do.And u'er doing it very well.Larry

Thank you Larry, but this is nothing compared to your work <_<

You do realise that just as you finish this project, someone will issue an injection molded kit of it!!!!

Looks great! Looking forward to seeing this bird completed. <_<

I certainly hope someone will do an injection molded kit of this and all cool swedish aircraft in 1/32!!!

Thanks!

Another update!

Need a brake from the wheel wells. Moving on to the cockpit and its surroundings...

DSCN3298.jpg

Mostly free hand drawing.

DSCN3303.jpg

Cockpit test fitted!

Canopy needs more trimming.

DSCN3297.jpg

...the dungeon...

Anders

Small update:

Thought I'd make the main instrument panel...

DSCN3311.jpg

So far so good... it's 19mm wide btw

DSCN3313.jpg

All that's left is filling the instruments with Humbrol Clearfix, as usual. :D

DSCN3315.jpg

THE HORROR!!!!!! The Clearfix reacts with the print and all is fogged! :)

Bummer.

Anders