XP-82 Mustang

maverick728470

This is going to be the XP-82 Twin Mustang. I started this two weeks ago based on a pic I saw of one of you guys working on a 51. Did a google search and found some interesting intel for doing this project. It's my "what if" as if two P-51B's were mated together. All XP-82 were silver, but mine will be in OD and Grey. She's about 60% to the good and have a little more fine tuning to do before primer goes on her.

All comments and remarks welcome.

Larry

P1040649.jpg

P1040651.jpg

Not everyone has the Kahones to make a what-if build of their choice like this. I love it!

Ive given lots of thought to a Africa/Trop camo "what if" for the 1/32 Do335 from Dragon if it ever comes out.

Really unusual to say the least! Ive thought many times about the vac kit for the original F-82 but have not had the danglies to tackle a vac yet. :innocent:

Cool looking project, please keep the pics comin! :innocent:

Cheers,

Brian

Very interesting topic. I had a chance to see the real XP-82 being rebuilt in Douglas, GA and took a bunch of pictures. The Twin B Mustang is very cool! Since this is a "what-if", I doubt you'll need any technical references, but if you decide you want some, feel free to drop by the P-51 SIG or PM me. Good luck--I look forward to your progress.

Regards,

Jim