New 1/32 projects on the bench ...

F-104nut

I decided to a brake from 1/48 kits and build some 1/32 jets. The kits are Academy 1/32 F-16I Sufa and Trumpeter AV-8B. Both kits are excellent and full of detail. The Academy F-16I is well worth the money. Its and be built as a Sufa or a F-16DJ Block 52. Its come with the hump behind the canopy . the kit also includes instrument panels that you don't use in the build. The looks of it they plan on reissuing the kit in different marking. You also get the Sniper pod and GBU 39's. The Trump harrier kit looks like it will be a easy and quick build kit. I have not come across and fit issues yet.

100_5025.jpg

100_5023.jpg

100_5024.jpg

Enjoy :lol:

Cheers Brian

I have the AV-8B on my bench also. I have added the Aires wheelbays, drop in fit, and the Aires cockpit which is really nice. The exhuast nozzles have some nasty seams to fill but other than that it fits well. I would really like to see some aftermarket decals for it though. I will post some pics soon when I have the cockpit completed.

Enjoy your builds!!

Guest Nigelr32
I have the AV-8B on my bench also. I have added the Aires wheelbays, drop in fit, and the Aires cockpit which is really nice. The exhuast nozzles have some nasty seams to fill but other than that it fits well. I would really like to see some aftermarket decals for it though. I will post some pics soon when I have the cockpit completed.

Enjoy your builds!!

I also have the AV-8B NA on my bench. The cockpit Tub doesnt fit very well, if you use the locating pegs. I cut them off and lifted it up. You'll also need a filet of plasticard in the port side, as the angle is not the same as the ledge moulded into the fuselage, at the join between the tub and the fuselage.

The IP cover is the wrong shape, I carved a shape more representative of the actual thing out of the plastic, and filed a flat on the top. Still not totally accurate,but more like it!!

I spent a long time fettling the upper wing joint into the Fuselage,and am very pleased with the result. i did have to add some 0.5 plasticard at the lower wing to fuselage joints.

I've heard people complain about the Fin to fuselage joint, but 15 minutes with a sanding stick got mine fitting beautifully.

That's about as far as I've got so far. if I find any more glaring issues, I'll post em up.

It does look very nice built though, I must say!!

Well i got allot on both kits today. The wing on the Harrier was a royal pain. The wing root on the bottom left wing had a pretty good gap. I had to add to pieces of styrene to it. There is a difference in the wing droop . I will have to adjust the out wing rigger strut.

100_5089.jpg

100_5090.jpg

100_5092.jpg

100_5093.jpg

100_5094.jpg

The F-16 is going together pretty good. The nose cone kinda fought me. Thet retooled the top section and the bottom section is from the single seater. The nose cone had to be squashed a little bit to meet the shape of the upper and bottom half.After a little sanding it looked better. I decided to make my Sufa into a Singapore Viper. I wanted to do something do different . I thought a Singapore Viper would look really great.

100_5095.jpg

100_5096.jpg

100_5098.jpg

100_5097.jpg

Enjoy :)

Cheers Brian

Cheers Brian

Got allot of work done on both in the last week. Its amazing after the cockpit is done how much assembling is to be done to get close to painting. I need to start on the weapons and finish painting the ejection seats next. Not sure what the weapons loadout will be on the Sufa .

100_5099.jpg

100_5100.jpg

100_5101.jpg

100_5102.jpg

100_5103.jpg

100_5108.jpg

100_5109.jpg

Enjoy :)

Cheers Brian