Wolfpack F-15C MSIP II update & UAE F-16E conv

Kagemusha

• 3 weeks later...
Are these basic upgrades for the "C" or a specific bird and time frame?? Anyone shed some light on this,please?......Harv :rolleyes:

Dear friends

The F-15C MISP still carries the AIM-7?

The brackets on the fuselage can carry the AIM-120? Or just the rails of the wings?.....................

I believe the do on occasion do use Sparrows, but from the pics , never more than 2 ar a time , The Aim-120s can be carried both on the fusalage station , and the LAU127 Launchrails on the wing pylons

Harvey,

There were two stages of the MSIP with stage II completed in the early 1990s.

The first stage upgraded the AN/APG-63 Radar, TEWS/ECM, UHF Radio, Integrated GPS, Installed a Programmable Armament Control System and wired aircraft for the AIM-120 missile system.

The second stage started in 1985 and installed the ALQ-135 ECM Antenna in the right side tail boom and upgraded the radar to the AN/APG-70.

This was done to most if not all F-15A/B/C/D aircraft still in service at the time the upgrades were issued.

So it’s not as much about a certain airframe as it is a time frame.

Barry

Harvey,

I believe that is a safe bet.

Other than the Tail Boom ECM Ant. and other Antennas there is very little external differences.

I know the Wolfpack kit comes with some panels but I can't find much out about them.

That is where photos will be most helpful. I'll continue to look as I have an interest as well.

I'm using Jack Melampy's 'Modern Eagle Guide' as a prime source of information. Great Publication!!!!!

My 1st F-15C or D (undecided) build will be a Royal Saudi AF Eagle of the 5th FS at Taif SA.

It will likely be a D model as I had one, A/C 518, she was the "whiner" in my flight of 10; she required a lot of TLC! ;)

But it will be one that was assigned to my (Kilo) flight while I was training them during Project Peace Sun in the early 1980s.

I also want to do a current F-15C as well as a Gulf War F-15E so one if not both MSIP upgrades will be applicable to the C model.

Barry

Thanks Barry. So any bird after 1985 should have all the mods?.........Harv ;)

Harvey,

Should say any A/C after early 1990s should have both MSIP & MSIP II.