Revell 1/32 F4U Corsair

Shawn M

OK, since Im taking a looong break from my Bf-110 build I figured I'd show my progress on my latest endeavor.

No aftermarket, no cockpit, no engine. :lol:

Im spending the effort to detail the land gear and their bays so when I get back to the BF-110...Im not learning from the start.

So far I've opened up the pilots foot step in the fuse, not pictured is the sheet alum. door itself that will be attached.

4827350065_46a6bc0eaf.jpg

On either side of the nose I opened up the wing support strut access doors, also made alum. doors for here but they're not pictured.

4827959680_0d69970285.jpg

I realized after I spent all the time that I made the shape upside down :goodjob: oh well, they'll be behind the wings and are better then the molded dimple revell gave me.

Next I attacked the rear landing gear and bay. If you're at all familiar with this kit you'll notice whats been added. If you're not familiar, assume what you see has been added. :)

4827959274_94c2ed1ca1.jpg

4827349535_54b37b08c9.jpg

This is the first coat of paint only, second coat, pin washes and weathering to go.

Finished Pics on last page.

Edited by Shawn M

OK, since Im taking a looong break from my Bf-110 build I figured I'd show my progress on my latest endeavor.

No aftermarket, no cockpit, no engine. :lol:

Im spending the effort to detail the land gear and their bays so when I get back to the BF-110...Im not learning from the start.

So far I've opened up the pilots foot step in the fuse, not pictured is the sheet alum. door itself that will be attached.

4827350065_46a6bc0eaf.jpg

On either side of the nose I opened up the wing support strut access doors, also made alum. doors for here but they're not pictured.

4827959680_0d69970285.jpg

I realized after I spent all the time that I made the shape upside down :goodjob: oh well, they'll be behind the wings and are better then the molded dimple revell gave me.

Next I attacked the rear landing gear and bay. If you're at all familiar with this kit you'll notice whats been added. If you're not familiar, assume what you see has been added. :)

4827959274_94c2ed1ca1.jpg

4827349535_54b37b08c9.jpg

This is the first coat of paint only, second coat, pin washes and weathering to go.

Looks good from here.

Oliver

Goood work on the tail gear

i build one of these kit for my dad bday this year it came out OK i guess but mine was casted the kinda greenish gray plastic witch was so hold and didnt react too good to the glue.

Actually the wing hinges broke and and to fix them (the one up si glued with PL premium construction glue) Can be seen here

Good luck

Cheers

Neo

Thanks Oliver! My cobra will appreciate it.

Neo, I dont know if this kit was cast in anything other then blue? This is the old 70's issue kit.

Its kind of a blank canvas for me to add details to.

thanks gang!

Im going to try my hand at tarps to cover the canopy and motor.

Next up is finish painting, wiring (basic) then closing up the fuse.

After that its main gear bays and (gasp) wing fold details.

slowly building up the flight surfaces and stabilizers.

Started work on the wheels..they really suck...no tread, crap detail...oh well.

Since Im doing some research on it, Im also having to fill the foot step in the flaps so i got a start on that last night as well.

Not having to build,paint and detail the motor/cockpit will help.

But man o man, the wing roots where the fold/flap mechanism is will take some time.

Fuse is joined, puttied and sanded.

Im working on the wings and root ribs right now..may need to build these from scratch :thumbsup:

Added and sanded the canopy.

Still sealing up the vertical and horizontal stabs.

Filled some holes in the center wing section, drilled out the carb blow out vents and backed them so I can add some brass tube. Cut out the exhaust port opening and backed it with some tube for depth, still need to add exhaust pipes.

Pics to come.