Trumpy A-4 test shots surface

Matt Roberts

Guest Smitty1

I'll take ten please!! Been waiting for new skyhawk forever and I'm am not into the sadistic practice of re-scribing an entire airplane. Please someone if not Trumpeter themselves do some VMAF-214 markings for the A-4, then please do some for the AV-8B too!! Please, pretty please...........post-16439-1280083871.jpg

Especially given Trumpeter's dumb pricing. There's no other word for it. It's just dumb. Ridiculously, laughably overpriced in most cases - especially - because 98% of their kits require copious (and expensive) quantities of resin to correct Trumpeter's stupid, and easily avoided errors in basic research.

J

I'm getting the feeling you are not too fond of Trumpeter as a brand.

I however have a couple of their Me262's, a Wildcat, Bearcat, Mig-3, etc.. (all nice platforms for great results) and am not stupid enough to buy them in the places where you pay the full price.

Usually I get them for a fraction at modelshows. And the aftermarket? I get that for any kit. Even the Tamiya spitfire can do with some Eduard AM if you ask me.

It's annoying they make mistakes, but all is not lost if you're a modeler.

Part of the fun (again; for me) is tracking these mistakes and thinking of ways to correct these.

Chill,

Jeroen

Guest Smitty1

Amen, plenty of other places to bash Trumpeter. In my opinion if Trumpy had not entered the game you wouldn't see half the the 1/32 market we see now. Plus MSRP's are about a hundred dollars more than you ever see them in most stores!

This is GREAT news!Cant wait for a real "M" with correct canopy. I own quite a few Trump kits, and built a couple. I can not knock them at all. Like ANY OTHER kit you buy, there are going to be things to correct. And yes, I buy AM for every kit I get....Harv :)

I MUST get my hands one as soon as I can...guess why?

This is GREAT news!Cant wait for a real "M" with correct canopy. I own quite a few Trump kits, and built a couple. I can not knock them at all. Like ANY OTHER kit you buy, there are going to be things to correct. And yes, I buy AM for every kit I get....Harv :)

I agree! The very first thing I saw in those pics was a seemingly correct M canopy. That makes me very happy. :)

Then I saw all the ribs on the interior which means there will be an engine and other internal details that I could do without, but I am not complaining. I've wanted a new-tooled Scooter for quite a while, Hasegawa has had forever to re-tool theirs and chose not to, so I'll be buying the one that comes to the market.

:)

Especially given Trumpeter's dumb pricing. There's no other word for it. It's just dumb. Ridiculously, laughably overpriced in most cases - especially - because 98% of their kits require copious (and expensive) quantities of resin to correct Trumpeter's stupid, and easily avoided errors in basic research.

98% hmm... I'd love to see hard evidence of that?

Is there a price quoted for the Skyhawk? The PCM Hurricane, soft rib details and all, costs the equivalent of $90 in the UK. What about Hasegawa charging $46.28 for their 1/72 F-16I or maybe Hasegawa's 1/48 Fw 190A-5/U-14 with torpedo at $100? Are these good value for money or do we ignore them because they're not Chinese?