New Model Room

Out2gtcha

I need to remove all of the crap clogging the soon to be new build room, but prior to that I have purchased the paint, and will need to pic up the primer as well.

Not the best samples but here is the plan for my project for paint. Will need some "kills" primer as the room has not been updated since the 70s and has some bad dirt/staining issues that this primer will "Kill" stuff works wonders -

These palette pics are a bit crappy, but you get the idea of shade here.....

Here is (Second column from the right 2nd from top) the main wall color "Serene Sky"

behr-colorsmart-27.gif

Here (in the middle) is the trim color, "Silver Sky"

behr-colorsmart-48.gif

I still need to purchase the insulated curtains for the sliding glass doors so they can be installed right after the paint is done, so I can maintain a bit O privacy.

On to cleaning so I can move this project ahead. :speak_cool:

To be continued........

Brian

• 3 weeks later...

AHHHHHHH!!!

I am now officially dyin to build something. But as a friend pointed out to me, I better get this room done prior to starting anything, or I may never get it finished to the point I want.

Progress toward the construction phase continues..............

Repaired and re-installed and in some cases replaced broken or missing trim pieces

MR_22.jpg

Filled and sanded trim

MR_20.jpg

Patched errant holes in the wall from the past 20 years or so of neglect in this area if the house

MR_19.jpg

Masked up the floor around the trim, windows, as well as around the newly installed ceiling lights, doors and shiny bits

MR_21.jpg

Primer is has been applied to everything!

We now have a winter white wonderland!! Or an insane asylum. I'm not sure which yet.

MR_23.jpg

MR_18.jpg

MR_17.jpg

MR_16.jpg

Next up....................PAINT! Then its on to the model room building/construction phase next weekend. 1 step close to being able to build again! YAY!

Brian

A word on colour!

It has been shown that it is possible to miss hypoxia when patients are treated in a blue room, hence clinical areas are neutral bright white. Maybe white ish might help with apainting? Just a thought. :closedeyes:

A word on colour!

It has been shown that it is possible to miss hypoxia when patients are treated in a blue room, hence clinical areas are neutral bright white. Maybe white ish might help with apainting? Just a thought. :closedeyes:

I wanted something calming and relaxing since I plan on being in there so much.......

I'm going with a VERY pale sky blue called "Serene Sky" and a trim color of white, with a pinch of silver thrown in, ironically enough called "Silver Sky". Ceiling will be left the current bright white to get as much reflection down on my work as I can get.

I also specifically went with a slightly lower color temp rated bulb (3500) to compensate for any slight blue tones the walls may cast. This color rating is right in the middle pretty much, to reduce the bluish appearance of some of the so-called higher rated "day light" bulbs, without having any of the orange tones of the lower rated bulbs that make you put on blue filters when taking pics and what not.

I may miss a case of Hypoxia or two but I can live with that. :lol:

Brian

Imagine your average Brit modeller. Half a million quid for a 4 bed cottage, at the back of which is a small room full of sewing and bits of wifey hobby with model stuff, and a vent that empties back in to the room as its only 2C outside tonight. Theres the garage but hey its 2C.. :speak_cool:

Imagine your average Brit modeller. Half a million quid for a 4 bed cottage, at the back of which is a small room full of sewing and bits of wifey hobby with model stuff, and a vent that empties back in to the room as its only 2C outside tonight. Theres the garage but hey its 2C.. :speak_cool:

I guess model rooms like all other real-estate in the land of Blighty is at a premium!

Non psychotic women who let their men have man caves and still do their laundry, cooking and cleaning are at a premium here.......

From my perspective 4 outta 5 aint bad!

Im not saying which of the 4 I have but, Ill give you a hint, shes letting my have my cave, and she does the laundry cooking and cleaning. :rolleyes: :lol:

No but seriously.

Brian