I D Models patterns under new management!!

tigger

What happened to the 1/72 C-5 molds? Are you not listing them because Anagrand is doing an injection version?

Bruce, I'm pretty sure John mentions in this thread that the C-5 masters went elsewhere prior to his purchase.

Kev

HI Bruce

The Galaxy is not listed because it went to Blackbird models, I have only listed what I actually have here. Hope this answers your question

John

Hi John are you going to fix any issues with the moulds or are they going to be straight pulls, as if I remember correctly the Lanc and the B-17 did have some issues also will you be supplying any accessories with the kits such as interiors, wheels, props and so on? I would also like to wish you good luck with the venture and agree that some sort of down payment shoould be paid prior to the pulls of the kits. :thumbsup:

Graham.

Hi John are you going to fix any issues with the moulds or are they going to be straight pulls, as if I remember correctly the Lanc and the B-17 did have some issues also will you be supplying any accessories with the kits such as interiors, wheels, props and so on? I would also like to wish you good luck with the venture and agree that some sort of down payment shoould be paid prior to the pulls of the kits. :thumbsup:

Graham.

For John to accept any partial down payment is foolish. One should buy the kit like we buy any kit on line.

We send in the All the money first and then the kits are sent to us, AFTER full payment plus postage has been made.

When John gets the money then he can make the draws.

If John is prudent he may specify a minimum time for delivery, say three weeks, which gives him time to make the draws and make the packages. etc.

The worst thing John can do is make the draws just on what people say they will do.

Dave Thompson (UMI Models) learned that the hard way when he asked if any of the guys would like to buy 1/32 conversions kits for making the Me-109 and Fw-190 into two place trainers. Quite a few guys got all enthusiastic and assured him that they would buy one. So David, being the overly trusting soul that he was, naively went ahead and invested his very limited funds into the mold materials and casting resins and produced some very nice kits.

Guess what? Most of the big mouths turned out to be just tire kickers. David just barely broke even on the deal.

I hope John knows better.

Stephen - put your money where your mouth is

Thank you for all the comments guys

So far I have not included any pricing as has been said, this would be foolish! I have this afternoon been to a local (40 miles away) vac formers who are willing to do the work I want done. The next thing is cost. I am awaiting an email from the proprieter to establish what I need to charge to cover costs etc before I make any commitment to pricing. I am also mindful that most of the smaller stuff I cfan do here on the machine I have and therefore the out soursing will hopefully only be needed for the larger stuff.

I will do my best to keep you all informed.

I have no intentions of persnoally adding resin sets etc as I will sell these things in the spirit of the orignal company " I provide you with the blank canvas you are the artist and do with it what ever you desire!"

I also have no intention of altering anything because of the time constraints upon me I.E I have a full time job and also do a lot of writing for magazines here in the UK as well as pattern work so my time is somewhat limited and no matter how much detail is in a kit there will always be some smart Alec who finds fault.

Hope this answers some of the questions?

John

So far I have not included any pricing as has been said, this would be foolish! I have this afternoon been to a local (40 miles away) vac formers who are willing to do the work I want done. The next thing is cost. I am awaiting an email from the proprieter to establish what I need to charge to cover costs etc before I make any commitment to pricing. I am also mindful that most of the smaller stuff I cfan do here on the machine I have and therefore the out soursing will hopefully only be needed for the larger stuff.

I have no intentions of persnoally adding resin sets etc as I will sell these things in the spirit of the orignal company " I provide you with the blank canvas you are the artist and do with it what ever you desire!"

I also have no intention of altering anything because of the time constraints upon me I.E I have a full time job and also do a lot of writing for magazines here in the UK as well as pattern work so my time is somewhat limited and no matter how much detail is in a kit there will always be some smart Alec who finds fault.

John

This sounds reasonable, knowing there are now (compared to old I.D times) a lot of AM stuff available (Vector engines for instance, plus the wheels from many, plus, plus...) to add to these "bare canvasses"

Hubert.

John

Is there any possibility that Doug Feeney would be interested in making any changes to his masters for you. Whats the latest on doug?

Bruce

Even more good news.

Today I managed to get some more of the patterns removed from the backing sheet, some of the medium sized aircraft will just about fit my machine and therefore I will be able to do them in house ,the down side its that some (not many) of them will need to have thier vertical tail removed and therefore placed somewhere else on the plate in order to fit.This will have the effect of keeping the cost down quite considerably.. This is only true of things like the TA-7 corsair but I thought I would let you know. Anyway Suffice to say that things like the Meteor will fit nicely as will not need to be cut down.

The following which I have removed so far, F11F Tiger, NA T2c Buckeye, Aero L39 Albatros, F-84 Thunderjet, FW TA154, F9F Panther, F9F Cougar, Westland Wyvern, P-82 Twin Mustang, YAK 3, Shinden, Meteor F8,

Dornier do-335, will all fit the machine I have here so I will once I get canopies be able to do them all in house.

As to your question about Doug altering the patterns he is well but not currently doing much modelling so I would not ask him and after all a lot of them are in resin which would be almost impossible to change without a new mould.

I will try to keep you all updated as I go along. Best regards

John

Hey Tigger, good news on your new venture. May I ask that you could possibly post a pic of the B-29 molds when you get to them? I really would like to see them as I am interested in buying one and my curiosity is killing me.

I wish you all the best with your new business and I hope you make a fortune only we know that's not possibly in this industry.:punk:)

Thanks for making these available once more to those that want them.

John,

I know this is a big job, and you are doing a great job keeping folks informed. You noted that the Banshee was on the list of "complete" molds, but can you say if this one is a candidate for doing in-house, or will it have to wait for the out-sourcing solution?

Thanks in advance~

Well, two requests already for a HP Hampden. :lol:

Cees

The Savoia Marchetti SM79 for me please.

MBB

Both very tempting.

When are you are you going to start taking orders.