I D Models patterns under new management!!

tigger

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

been a while but here is the latest update with some new additions those in bold are new and ready now

Unfortunately the price of plastic has gone up nearly double in the space of just 12 months so I have had to slightly adjust prices to reflect this however where possible I have kept them as before.Tigger Models

Currently available all 1/32

01 BAe Jaguar GR1 £25.00

02 Saab J-29 Tunan (straight wing) £17.50

03 Fiat G-91 R3 £20.00

04 Yak -3 £17.50

05 Handley Page Hampden £30.00

06 Grumman S-2 Tracker £30.00

07 Lockheed Hudson £30.00

08 F-89 Scorpion £30.00

09 F-2h Banshee £22.50

10 Gloucester Meteor F-8 £22.50

11 Westland Wyvern £22.50

12 XFY-1 Pogo £22.50

13 F-94c Starfire conversion for Czech T-33 £15.00

14 Sea Harrier FRS1 conversionf for Revell Harrier GR1 £7.50

15 Harrier T4 conversion for Revel Harrier Gr1 £12.50

16 Aero L-39 Albatros £22.50

17 P-82 Twin Mustang £30.00

18 KI-45 £25.00

19 F-84 Thunderjet £22.50

20 F-7U Cutlass £30.00

21 Shorts Sunderland Special order £75.00

22 Catalina Special order £75.00

23 E-2 Hawkeye Special order £45.00

24 Halifax Special order £75.00

25 Dornier Do-335 £30.00

26 Lancaster Special order £75.00

27 B-17 Special order £75.00

28 Grumman Tracer £45.00

29 KI-46 Dina £30.00

30 Lockheed Super constellation Special order £75

31 F-86 d conversion £15.00

32 Stirling Special order £75.00

33 B-29 Special order £75.00

34 Fj-4 fury conversion £20.00

35 Skyraider £30.00

36 T-2 Buckeye£22.50

37 SM-79 £30.00

38 Canberra £50.00

39 Grumman Cougar £25.00

40 A-26 Invader £45.00

41 Do-217 £45.00

42 Do-217 NI £45.00

43 Arado 234b Special order £40.00

44 B-24 Liberator Special order £75.00

45 Douglas Skynight £30.00

46 He 219 £40.00

47 Ta-154 £30.00

48 Jet Provost T4 £25.00

49 Jet Provost T5/ Strikemaster £25.00

1/48

P-3 Orion £45 Special order

B-52 £75 Special order

B-47 £45 Special order

coming soon

Shorts Tuccano

Bristol Beaufort

Vampire

Antonov AN-2

F-11 Tiger

1/12

Me 262

Special order means I have to sub contract and this could take up to a month to get the model delivered to me although I try to keep at least one on stock.

All orders are shipped at cost to your address. Paypal is easiest method of payment for me. for other methods please contact me directly.

John

Edited by tigger

What's the FJ Fury conversion? It'd be nice if you clarified what specific version you offer rather than just the basic designation due to many times vast differences between variants. The FJ series was everything from the straight winged -1 to the F-86 look-alike -2/-3 to the really hopped up -4. (Like 'P-51' could mean anything from an A - H not counting experimental versions.) Thanks for what you're doing.

Hi guys

been a while but here is the latest update with some new additions those in bold are new and ready now

Unfortunately the price of plastic has gone up nearly double in the space of just 12 months so I have had to slightly adjust prices to reflect this however where possible I have kept them as before.Tigger Models

Currently available all 1/32

01 BAe Jaguar GR1 £25.00

02 Saab J-29 Tunan (straight wing) £17.50

03 Fiat G-91 R3 £20.00

04 Yak -3 £17.50

05 Handley Page Hampden £30.00

06 Grumman S-2 Tracker £30.00

07 Lockheed Hudson £30.00

08 F-89 Scorpion £30.00

09 F-2h Banshee £22.50

10 Gloucester Meteor F-8 £22.50

11 Westland Wyvern £22.50

12 XFY-1 Pogo £22.50

13 F-94c Starfire conversion for Czech T-33 £15.00

14 Sea Harrier FRS1 conversionf for Revell Harrier GR1 £7.50

15 Harrier T4 conversion for Revel Harrier Gr1 £12.50

16 Aero L-39 Albatros £22.50

17 P-82 Twin Mustang £30.00

18 KI-45 £25.00

19 F-84 Thunderjet £22.50

20 F-7U Cutlass £30.00

21 Shorts Sunderland Special order £75.00

22 Catalina Special order £75.00

23 E-2 Hawkeye Special order £45.00

24 Halifax Special order £75.00

25 Dornier Do-335 £30.00

26 Lancaster Special order £75.00

27 B-17 Special order £75.00

28 Grumman Tracer £45.00

29 KI-46 Dina £30.00

30 Lockheed Super constellation Special order £75

31 F-86 d conversion £15.00

32 Stirling Special order £75.00

33 B-29 Special order £75.00

34 Fj fury conversion £20.00

35 Skyraider £30.00

36 T-2 Buckeye£22.50

37 SM-79 £30.00

38 Canberra £50.00

39 Grumman Cougar £25.00

40 A-26 Invader £45.00

41 Do-217 £45.00

42 Do-217 NI £45.00

43 Arado 234b Special order £40.00

44 B-24 Liberator Special order £75.00

45 Douglas Skynight £30.00

46 He 219 £40.00

47 Ta-154 £30.00

48 Jet Provost T4 £25.00

49 Jet Provost T5/ Strikemaster £25.00

1/48

P-3 Orion £45 Special order

B-52 £75 Special order

B-47 £45 Special order

coming soon

Shorts Tuccano

Bristol Beaufort

Vampire

Antonov AN-2

F-11 Tiger

1/12

Me 262

Special order means I have to sub contract and this could take up to a month to get the model delivered to me although I try to keep at least one on stock.

All orders are shipped at cost to your address. Paypal is easiest method of payment for me. for other methods please contact me directly.

John

From the original listing it is a Fj-4 Fury hope this clears thing up

I have now amended the listings

John

Edited by tigger

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I always found the original ID molds were somewhat hit and miss in terms of shape. Can anyone who has seen them comment on the accuracy of the Halifax, Lancaster and B-29 shapes?

Cheers.

Hi,

I always found the original ID molds were somewhat hit and miss in terms of shape. Can anyone who has seen them comment on the accuracy of the Halifax, Lancaster and B-29 shapes?

Cheers.

I think degree of accuracy depends of what you, personally, require.

I have all three of these and they look pretty good to me. But I determine accuracy by the Three Foot Rule, which says, "If it looks good from three feet away then it is accurate."

Three feet means arms length, by the way.

So accuracy is always an individual thing. What is fine for one person is terrible for another.

I am not going to get a set of plans for any of these aircraft and then spend hours of my valuable time comparing the models to the plans. Why? Well first of all, how can I be guaranteed that the plans I use are accurate in the first place? There are guys who get a new injection molded kit and then spend many happy hours comparing the kit to the plans. I guess that is how they enjoy the hobby, but how do I know that the plans they are using are accurate? What do I do, compare one set of plans against another? Compare the plans against the real thing? Am I to spend days traveling to a museum where they have one of these airplanes and then measure everything just to determine that my little plastic model kit is accurate? That is not for me!

So I happily stick to my arm's length rule and make my models without interiors, with landing gear retracted, with plastic disks for the spinning propellers and then figure out a way to hang them from the ceiling. Thus I make the hobby enjoyable to me.

Granted I am at one end of the spectrum of model builders. I know guys who make complete interiors for their aircraft and flatten the tires a bit and do all sorts of things to make it as accurate as possible. That is the other end of the spectrum, I guess. I know these guys enjoy doing that and the enjoyment is why they do it.

Then again, is vacuform accuracy all that important to the dedicated scratch builder who may use the vac as a form of shortcut in building his model? I remember the late Dave Thompson made a scratch built 1/32 Condor just for the fun of it. He has so much detail in it that the landing gear actually compressed as one set it down on a table. It was sprung inside the tubes. Now that was super-detailing. Yes, David liked vacuforms but he did not expect too much from them.

I do not believe any of us who use vacs expect too much from them.

I would love to call Larry Hawkins the vacuform modeler par supreme, and ask him for his opinion, but he passed away a few months ago.

So, you pay your money and you take your chances. Vacuforms are not Injected Molded models nor are they cast resin kits. They are what they are.

By the way, tell me please, if a few guys write and say that a kit is not as accurate as they would like it to be what will you do? If you want a model of a certain aircraft and it is not available in any other form than vacuform, will you never have a model of that plane, or will you buy the vacuform and try to improve it as you assemble it?

Stephen

Edited by ssculptor

Hi

coming soon

Bristol Beaufort

Most interested in this one,any ideas what the timescle for release is and what price ?

Does it need donor parts from the revell beaufighter ?

Cheers

Jerry

I have the original ID models kit. It has all the basic parts - fuselage, wings, tailplane, etc, but you could definitely use the Beaufighter details, like landing gear, wheels, parts of the cockpit, etc. Still a lot of scratchin' required!

I think degree of accuracy depends of what you, personally, require.

I have all three of these and they look pretty good to me. But I determine accuracy by the Three Foot Rule, which says, "If it looks good from three feet away then it is accurate."

Three feet means arms length, by the way.

So accuracy is always an individual thing. What is fine for one person is terrible for another.

I am not going to get a set of plans for any of these aircraft and then spend hours of my valuable time comparing the models to the plans. Why? Well first of all, how can I be guaranteed that the plans I use are accurate in the first place? There are guys who get a new injection molded kit and then spend many happy hours comparing the kit to the plans. I guess that is how they enjoy the hobby, but how do I know that the plans they are using are accurate? What do I do, compare one set of plans against another? Compare the plans against the real thing? Am I to spend days traveling to a museum where they have one of these airplanes and then measure everything just to determine that my little plastic model kit is accurate? That is not for me!

So I happily stick to my arm's length rule and make my models without interiors, with landing gear retracted, with plastic disks for the spinning propellers and then figure out a way to hang them from the ceiling. Thus I make the hobby enjoyable to me.

Granted I am at one end of the spectrum of model builders. I know guys who make complete interiors for their aircraft and flatten the tires a bit and do all sorts of things to make it as accurate as possible. That is the other end of the spectrum, I guess. I know these guys enjoy doing that and the enjoyment is why they do it.

Then again, is vacuform accuracy all that important to the dedicated scratch builder who may use the vac as a form of shortcut in building his model? I remember the late Dave Thompson made a scratch built 1/32 Condor just for the fun of it. He has so much detail in it that the landing gear actually compressed as one set it down on a table. It was sprung inside the tubes. Now that was super-detailing. Yes, David liked vacuforms but he did not expect too much from them.

I do not believe any of us who use vacs expect too much from them.

I would love to call Larry Hawkins the vacuform modeler par supreme, and ask him for his opinion, but he passed away a few months ago.

So, you pay your money and you take your chances. Vacuforms are not Injected Molded models nor are they cast resin kits. They are what they are.

By the way, tell me please, if a few guys write and say that a kit is not as accurate as they would like it to be what will you do? If you want a model of a certain aircraft and it is not available in any other form than vacuform, will you never have a model of that plane, or will you buy the vacuform and try to improve it as you assemble it?

Stephen

I've always used a vacform as a starting point for scratchbuilding. I had the B-17 a long time ago and you could have used the "23ft rule in the dark"...it just didn't look like a B-17, so it was a bit of a waste of time as a starting point. Other molds I have had seemed pretty good (He111 springs to mind).

I haven't been building 'large' for most of the year and so have just drifted in and out of LSP from time to time so I am absolutely gutted to hear of Larry Hawkins' passing. He was his example of what could be done with a vacform that encouraged a muggins modeller like me to give that form of modelling a go. We corresponded a few times in the early 2000s and I was always happy to toss spare 1/32 parts his way for the the 'spare parts yard' that he ran.

Larry's passing is a real loss to this community...RIP...

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi John,

Got a Halifax in store? Can you tell me what the postage to Amstelveen, The Netherlands will be?

I am itching to start on another Halifax again after I had to abandon the previous one due to

the plastic (ABS IIRC) breaking up continiously. Got that one directely from Doug Feeney many

years ago.

Cheers

Cees Broere