Scratch built Westland Lysander Mk 1 1:30 Scale

fozzy

By studying photo's of the real aircraft I then constructed all the other necessary parts for the cockpit using as usual plastic card and wire.......here is a terrible

photo of the throttle quadrant before placing inside the cockpit.....

post-20052-1278150223.jpg

The next few photo's(slightly out of focus....sorry) shows the pilots station with all parts in place(minus the instrument panel).

First a few without the pilots seat....

post-20052-1278150665.jpg

post-20052-1278151350.jpg

So....my next task is to make the instrument panel!!!....as soon as its done I will post...

I would appreciate some feed back .....good or bad! :unsure:

cheers

FOZZY

:speak_cool: Good or bad???? Nothin but GOOD as in Good lord, what do I see?. Excelent stuff here, a true modeler. Keep posting, please. I love your work.....Harv :notworking:

Thanks a lot for your kind words Harv.much appreciated. :) ...nearly finished the instrument panel, although being so small it is hard to show the intricate details!!.....but I guess nothing is easy in this business!....cheers Fozzy

Great project! I spent the last couple of hours reading through this thread, and also looking at the amazing work on your website. I've never seen such detailed and accurate work around all areas, especially the wiring in the engine compartments. Then my heart sank when I saw your cut away Stuka. Boy oh boy, I thought I added a lot, but looking at yours good Sir, you built the real thing.

I admire your point of view with regards to scratch building and imagination! Cheers to you! I can't wait to see more work.

Mark.

Hi all

So I have completed the instrument panel and this is how I did it!

The materials I used for the panel were plastic sheets and the knobs,dials and switches were iether made out of scrap plastic or off cuts of wire.

After measuring up the size for the panel ,against the construction I have built so far ,I proceeded to cut the plastic to shape,drilled out all the holes for the instruments and added all the switches and knobs etc

see below

post-20052-1278508861.jpg

In these next photo's you can see that I have painted the instrument panel.

I had to come up with a way of replicating the instruments and in the end opted to go onto the internet and download pictures of instruments,downsize them to the appropiate scale and print them off using black ink......Well I have to say that the hardest part was using scissors to cut them out from the A4 paper...sooooo small!! :deadhorse:

These were then simply pushed and glued into the pre -cut holes.A bit of Humbrol Clearfix over the top and job done!

The instrument panel looks a bit grainy in the photo's because I used the camera on micro .....apologies!!

post-20052-1278510284.jpg