WTF if, P-82 with -B Fuselages...

Kaeone57

lookin good :lol:

do you still need information on props?

after talking on phone to you, i left home all afternoon monday to get away from it all :lol: :P . haven't paid much attention to anything till today :lol:

glen :piliot:

What up Glenn, good excuse for being tardy, hope you and the wife had fun... :evil_laugh: As I've written here, and in the trades section, I think the prop situation may soon be solved..... :yahoo: Thanks for checking in though, I really appreciate it. Take care, and talk to you soon Bro. BTW- B-29??? :redx: :lol:

Peace,

Alfonso

Yo Alfonso!

There is a Dragon prop, spinner and hub in the box and a ham standard from a Hasegawa P-47. It is a bit long but you might be able to work with it.

Now get busy!!!

Yo Alfonso!

There is a Dragon prop, spinner and hub in the box and a ham standard from a Hasegawa P-47. It is a bit long but you might be able to work with it.

Now get busy!!!

Thanks again, Matt!!!! I'm looking forward to checking the fit of all these incoming bits, and being able to now have a more complete plan of attack. Thanks again to all of you, this is really gonna happen. :evil_laugh:

Peace,

Alfonso

• 5 months later...

:sorry:

I am still workin on this off and on, as time permits and allows. Life at times is like some old/new kit builds, tough assembly and lots of scratch building required. :BANGHEAD2: :BANGHEAD2: :BANGHEAD2: :blowup:

-For the Mods,

I know that usually incomplete build threads get moved to works in progress after group builds are over, but when I go to add to this thread again, which I will be doing soon, I wish to continue it here in the Trip to Russville. Is this possible? :unsure: :please:

Peace,and Thanks...

Alfonso

• 1 month later...

Ba, Ba, Ba, Back to the Double Beeeeeee...

Soooo, as I've become accustomed to lately, things/situations are always gonna change... and so has the attack of the center section!!!

I had gone ahead with the plans/ribs/spars I made and mocked/built up, and later destroyed, 2 center sections. I was also in the process of starting a 3rd, after making new parts again, when I came up with this change, no really, I dug/dig in my pocket at any given time and thats what I got/get. They each were a nightmare in there own right, even with all the planning/drawing time I put in, whenever that was available, I ran into plenty of obstacles. My main problem was due to lack of actual model work time. Working out problems, and trying to do a physical answer demands more than 10 minutes at a time for me. "Winging" it with no "real" plans to go by didn't help much either. As this is a "What If" there are no "real" plans, plus the actual P-82 is a whole new horse where airfoil/shapes are concerned, and would not match up with the Trumpy kit wings/fuselage without a bigger "Cuban" slang attack, eg. " Esta de p...a!! ", than usual for 1 of their kits. Soooo enough blah, blaaaaah, blaaaaaaahhh!!

IMGP1215.jpg

-To the top left we see the proof is in the pudding cup holder "full-ah-reeeabs", thats full of ribs for you thirsty guys, and spars which were gonna be for the 3rd scratched center section attempt. Going thru the stash lookin' over some potential "Change" changers, money makers if you will, I came across some 1/72 Revell PBY's, and while fondling the wing, I recognized the shape a bit, and in my head drew up a quick draft, and I said, "Yeeeeeeeesssssssss, this just might work!!!

IMGP1303.jpg

-After some plastic playtime mixed with some ghetto scientificalational thinkin we have, nacelle removal, sand job, and a few cuts..

IMGP1665.jpg

-Overall view of the new attack, and clearer thinking in progress.

IMGP1667.jpg

-New mid spar, rear spar, and some spare flap bits that will be slapped together after I cut 'em up and convert for use. The spars will be trimmed flush at the L/R outer wing rib root later as need be.

IMGP1675.jpg

-Airfoil shape to the center section, and how the spars work.

IMGP1683.jpg

-Spars taped in place and goin' for a dry run... oh yeah, and the flap mocked up again.

IMGP1688.jpg

-Spars in action from the bottom. The spars also serve as spacers to push the center section wing into shape, on top and bottom. The modified Trumpy wheel bay inserts, will act as the top of the wing center section, and also give me the roof needed for the beginning of the new LG leg bay, as I am gonna be treating this area as the actual P-82. It also aids in the attachment of the outer wing panels and this will be made clearer as I continue updating.

IMGP1684.jpg

-Top shot.

IMGP1685.jpg

-Bottom shot, showing my math-mad-i-call approach to figure this out.

IMGP1692.jpg

- Front quarter shot showing how the top of the Revell 1/72 PBY center wing airfoil shape matches up nicely. The small tapered gap present on the L/R fronts of the wing roots is due to the wing top being cut straight, and Trumpys root being angled inward, something I kept forgetting also when doing my other center sections. Easier to fix in this situation though, as I'll just make up the differance later with some scrap.

Peace,

Alfonso

Edited by Kaeone57

IMGP1696.jpg

- Spars and center section in action. The airfoil shape is hopefully clear here, though it's being pushed in a bit by the force of the dry-squeeze fitting.

IMGP1669.jpg

- Overall shot focusing on the mods made to the outer wing panels. I had to make a spar for them to attach to the Trumpy wheel bay insert, so I added strip stock to the front, and rear of the spar location to make a slot for added aid/stength in the spars placement. I added them on the top as well as the bottom halves for super strength ability, as I don't want them shearing off.

IMGP1672.jpg

- Close up showing the spar itself, the rear side in this shot. I drew the master in halves at first, the scribed/black inked line you see, by using the kits molded spar of the gunbay and the wing root rib, after necessary modification, as my guides. I did it in halves to get the top and bottom of the spar to fit tightly and match the wings dihedral. After each half was drawn, a new drawing was made by matching up the center lines to make the actuall spar for my pattern. For the Mustang purists, and those who care, I checked the spar and it's at 5 degrees upward dihedral...

IMGP1673.jpg

- Close up of spar front side.

IMGP1677.jpg

- A job well planned if I do say so myself, heh, heh! This dry fit doesn't even need any tape it's so tight!!!

IMGP1282.jpg

- The Trumpt wheelbay insert, before, and during modification to fit my needs, Muahahahaaaaa!!

IMGP1306.jpg

- In this photo I was still playin' with it, I mean them, shhhh, can't talk like that here, people are thirsty in the audience.

IMGP1678.jpg

- Insert inserted after I finished playin' with it, I mean them, and ready to check on fit of outer wing panel, and spar.

IMGP1681.jpg

- Bottom shot of the outer wing panel connection. Aaaaahhhhhhh, it fits, nice and tight too, and as perfect a fit as I can hope for! I'm talkin' about the wing of course, and it's, uh, dry fit.

IMGP1680.jpg

- Top shot, smooth transition, life is good!!

Edited by Kaeone57