very cool photo of Do-335s

Sabre F-86

Just found this in an article in Speigel, the German news magazine. Photos just released showing the devastation of Germany at the end of WWII, taken by USAAF aircraft.

This one shows a flock of partially built 335s sitting outside bombed and burnt out hangers.

http://www.spiegel.de/fotostrecke/fotostrecke-54868-17.html

Sabre

Edit, heres one of wrecked Mistel aircraft at Bernburg as well.

http://www.spiegel.de/fotostrecke/fotostrecke-54868-30.html

Pretty horrific devastation!

It would be interesting to see some of these places as they are today.

Matt

i think you'll find whilst the new architecture may not be to everyone's taste (certainly too harsh and modern for me), that Germany is running rather nicely, thank you very much, and has been for much of the past 50 years :D

i have been there lots over the past 6 months on business, and frankly it's a combination of depressing and embarrassing when i come back home to England!

hey ho...

N

Guest canuck63

Wow....first-rate clobbering here :punk: !As a collector of WW2 German uniforms and especially of items related to the very last part of the War the picture that I liked most was the one showing thousands of German POWs....each and every one of them wears and carries a few grands worth of stuff (no...I wouldn't like to have them for their sheer value..a real collector would rather starve than sell his cherished treasures! ;) )....I'd give my left arm to be there with a truckload of smart civvy clothes to swap against their uniforms and equipment :) !

Cheers

Manu

post-413-1274255347.jpg

post-413-1274255375.jpg