Omani Hunter, Desert Storm aera

blackbetty

next i took a look at the loadout

the pylons for the kit supplied 100 gallon tanks will move from the stations 2/5 to the stations 1/6 (outermost)

on pics the omani birds sport both kinds of tanks, so the bigger tanks of the kit will be used on the stations 2/5 with their respective pylons

the launrails for the sidewinders will be mounted inboard (station 3/4). there are no pylons for this in the kit, so i will have to scratch something, maybe using the kitpylons (that are meant to be mounted on 1/6). the LAU-rails were mounted using white painted blocks looking pretty home-brewed on pics

post-2020-1275905395.jpg

Edited by blackbetty

the measurements were not easy to come by, i found no drawings of an inboard sidewinder pylon

so jakubs excellent site to the help again!

this pic shows a loaded and emty pylon and the shadows determine the lenth, so i can get close

some more things to see: the chaff/flare expenders on the rear fuselage and the LORAN antenna on the bottom of the fuse (again note shadow)

both things i will have to scratchbuild

one can also clearly see the position of the (empty) rocket launchers on the outer wings

post-2020-1276160829.jpg

This is a great project Karl. I'm learning a bunch about the Hunter that I never knew before so thanks for including the background with your build.

You got a very neat fit with the wing joints, excellent work there. The windshield looks like it fitted well too. It's hard to tell from the photo but did you paint the inside framework black?

I'm impressed by the new AIM-9 rails. She's going to look splendid when you're done.

BTW, have you seen the new Zactomodel AIM-9s?

http://www.zactomodels.com/

I'm not sure if they'll be any use for what you need as the for-fins look to be a different shape but the resin missiles look phenominal.

Keep up the good work.

:D

thanx guy and phil for the comments.

i tend to paint the frames the colour they should have on the inside from the outside, because its easier to mask - but, no they are not black (yet)

i have seen chris´ and alexanders winders and consider them for a future build. but i am a little reluctant to use them, because they are so much more detailed than the planes i manage to assemble :speak_cool:

anyway, the pylons and launchers recieved a first guidecoat

post-2020-1276249966.jpg

and to keep it interresting, part 257 of the "if i wernt so stupid in the first place, i wouldnt have to corret this now"-saga

i thought i would slip the exhaust pipe in from the rear after painting - but didnt notice it is conical/has a step, so i didnt get it in :speak_cool:

post-2020-1276250220.jpg

i scratched the paint while manipulating the pipe into place, it glues in from the front, so no just snapping in place

insert colourful language here

oh, the joys of modeling...

should have stayed with lego

post-2020-1276250500.jpg