Miles M-20

spacewolf

Looks good Vaughn! I forget, is this going to be a nmf???

Hey Matt, thanks, but the answer is no! kinda hard to get a NMF on a wooden airplane :rofl: ...she's gonna be done up as if she had gone into production and Sqdn service.

Doh!

I was thinking of another British prototype that looks similar. I have a great book on scratchbuilding and the there is a section with a plane that makes me think of your build and it is done up in a fantastic foiled finish. It looks eerily similar to your effort.

Hey Matt, thanks, but the answer is no! kinda hard to get a NMF on a wooden airplane :rofl: ...she's gonna be done up as if she had gone into production and Sqdn service.

Would that be the RAF earth & green over yellow?

miles_m20_ax834_4_b_send.jpg

Just curious...............should look stellar if it is. I still to this day have a hankering to build an RAF Tiger Moth in that shceme as well.

Looking great Vaughn. More picys! :popcorn:

Cheers,

Brian

Doh!

I was thinking of another British prototype that looks similar. I have a great book on scratchbuilding and the there is a section with a plane that makes me think of your build and it is done up in a fantastic foiled finish. It looks eerily similar to your effort.

Hey Matt

It sounds interesting, I'd love to see it if you'd care to send a pic.

Cheers

Vaughn

Would that be the RAF earth & green over yellow?

miles_m20_ax834_4_b_send.jpg

Just curious...............should look stellar if it is. I still to this day have a hankering to build an RAF Tiger Moth in that shceme as well.

Looking great Vaughn. More picys! :popcorn:

Cheers,

Brian

That is close, I'll be doing her with the sky undersurface as if she's in active service. The upper camo scheme is different than the one in your pic but it is similar. You should grab the repop if the Moth and do it just for fun, it looks good like that, much nicer than trainer yellow or silver.

Cheers

Vaughn

That is jaw droppingly good work Vaughn! I love the way you did the wing fillet. It turned out so smoothly! I might be crazy enough to try one of these scratch builds after seeing this. Looking forward to seeing her painted up. :speak_cool:

Cheers,

Don

That is jaw droppingly good work Vaughn! I love the way you did the wing fillet. It turned out so smoothly! I might be crazy enough to try one of these scratch builds after seeing this. Looking forward to seeing her painted up. :speak_cool:

Cheers,

Don

Thanks Don, I'll be watching to see what you try and If I can help or clarify anything just drop me a message. I can't wait to get to the paint stage either..and it's gotta be soon...10 days to the end of the GB ! :frantic: .... I'm doing the fill, sand, prime dance, so many little nit picky problems that slow me down :BANGHEAD2: ...I got her up on her feet after a primer coat to give you guys a set of teaser shots.

milesm20542.jpg

milesm20541.jpg

milesm20543.jpg

Hey Matt

It sounds interesting, I'd love to see it if you'd care to send a pic.

Cheers

Vaughn

Found the pics Vaughn, it was a DeHavilland something or other. I will get some pics scanned for you.

Well done Vaughn!

That is really looking superb.

Can't wait to see some paint!

Phil :speak_cool:

Thanks Phil, you'll see a bit of paint in this update !

I felt the gear made her sit too high so with a bit of trimming and scraping I got them to where the template said they should be. You can see how much had to be trimmed off.

milesm20550.jpg

Next comes the tail wheel. The M-20 had an odd set up with a long horned yolk. I had to heavily modify the Hurricane strut but it came out looking ok.

milesm20551.jpg

With the part fitted she sits right.

milesm20554.jpg