Miles M-20

spacewolf

Working away, I got paint from a buddy (thanks Bill, you're a life saver !) so I can paint this bird. I've added the intakes, exhaust cover and exhaust pipe, Both the intake and exhaust pipe are from sprue. The exhaust plate is paper superglued in place, sanded and primed.

milesm20557.jpg

milesm20559.jpg

As the clock ticks down I'm slaving away...the closer I get to being done the more I find things that need doing ! :BANGHEAD2: I laminated sheet and carved out the cheek intakes. The openings were carefully opened with a drill bit and a file.

milesm20565.jpg

milesm20560.jpg

Looking good! I guess panel lines are out for this one? Thought you might try the pencil method. Anyway its turning out to be a super model of something no one will ever pop a mainstream model of. Nicely done!

Sabre

Thanks ! There are a few panel lines but they need a wash to be seen. Most of the aircraft was smooth as the wood joints were filled and a covering of cloth doped to the wooden structure. I will be doing a bit of pencil work but there really are not a lot of seams.

Cheers

Vaughn

Please Vaughn, don't rush this model to finish to a deadline if you don't have to. This is one of the most interesting builds I've ever followed and I for one would like to see you finish it the way you'd like to. I'm sure no one would object if you were over a day or two? Or am I stepping out of bounds here?

Cheers,

Richard

Vaughn, you are a machine! Fantastic work, and your M-20 seems to progress in leaps and bounds with every post.

Please Vaughn, don't rush this model to finish to a deadline if you don't have to. This is one of the most interesting builds I've ever followed and I for one would like to see you finish it the way you'd like to. I'm sure no one would object if you were over a day or two? Or am I stepping out of bounds here?

Cheers,

Richard

I don't see any harm in leaving the GB open for a few more days to allow anyone who's close to getting over the line to do so.

Kev

Vaughn, you are a machine! Fantastic work, and you M-20 seems to progress in leaps and bounds with every post.

I don't see any harm in leaving the GB open for a few more days to allow anyone who's close to getting over the line to do so.

With Kev on that one Vaughn!

Really nice to see some colour on her!

And Kev, that would be a real help as I'm only a gnat's fart away from finishing too!

Phil :speak_cool:

Awesome Vaughn! That camo looks great.

Thanks all for the comments AND the extra time. I am going to try and get it in under the wire anyway. Richard, you are not out of line at all, thank you for the support and encouragement. The cam looks good in the pics but several problems have cropped up which will spoil the effect. I left it too late to get new paint..my LHS doesn't stock enamels and while I have them on order they won't get here in time. The paint I got from a friend is old so it's thick and doesn't flow well. I'm in a situation where I can't use an airbrush so it had to be brush painted..from a foot or so it looks not bad, closeup it looks terrible ! I am going to decal it and finish it for the GB and when I get into a better place strip it and finish it the way I want to..Ill document it in an 'under construction' thread so you all get to see it done right. For now here are a couple of shots. The wheels are painted and mounted...

milesm20590.jpg

the canopy fitted so you get a good idea of how she'll look.

milesm20592.jpg

Well....FINALLY ! She's done and on the last day ! :yahoo: I finished her up this morning and shot the pics this afternoon. It's a gray day here so it's a bit darker than I'd like but then, it would probably have been gray and dark in Merry Olde England at times ! It came out better than I hoped, thank you all for looking, commenting and cheering me on. It has been a privilege to be a part of this Memorial Group Build for Russ.. I hope where ever he is he's sitting back enjoying this moment with a chocolate shake !

milesm20616.jpg

milesm20617.jpg

milesm20618.jpg