R.I.P Ruzlkampf (Russ Camp) - You will be missed

MiaKonnect

There was also his F-4S, I really admired they way he tackled the slats, no searching for the Cutting Edge set, just went about making them without breaking stride, it'd be nice to see an edited version in the Articles section: http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=21968

Thanks. I've added that thread to my list above in an attempt to gather the relevant links in one place.

Charles Metz

That's really horrible news, he seemed such a nice guy and generous too. I didn't know him obviously but his posts were always very amusing and his personality shone through. I think a group build in his name would be a nice thing to do :)

ps

A quick thanks to Mia Knecht for passing on the news, i'm sure an internet forum is near the bottom of the list of people who need to know and i'm certain I speak for all in saying we appreciate it.

Well this hit me right between the eyes. Damn.

I don't think I've ever met a more sharing person in cyberspace. Reading his threads reminded me of early days, waiting on the next installment of the magazine stories. It got to where his threads were the first I'd look at, watching him craft another amazing model.

I'll be finishing the Wal in his honor. He was the one who lead the way. I can't think of a better way to honor him.

Fair winds and following seas Russ, smooth passage.

Sabre

Like everyone else, I am in total shock. I very much enjoyed his builds, he had a great sense of humour, and amazing generosity.

Goes to show how unexpected life can be...

Rest in peace Russ...

Dave/Ironman1945

I was shocked and saddened to read of Russ' passing. Although I never met him, his humor and wit, in addition to his model building chops, made it so I had to read every post of his that I could find. I admired the way he looked at things, and used simple, straightforward ways to achieve his goals. His F-4S intake solution is a great example of this. He motivated me to try some of his techniques, like building my Vigilante without any "hi-tech" equipment. I had whacked-and-vac'ed a few models before, but the way he took the bull by the horns was inspiring. So, I will continue on my low-rent Viggie, and dedicate the build to Russ- You were the Shizzle, Ruzlkampf! Godspeed to you and my prayers for your family..

Lee White :)

This is very sad news indeed, my condolences to his family. Yet again, also a reminder for the rest of us to cherish our lives, our family and to enjoy each and every day that we have! Rest in Peace and God bless brother!

Cheers

Alan

Charlie,

I am glad that you posted Russ's builds. My suggestion is a sticky in his honor. He was a great contributor to this site and helped me on numerous ocassions.

Once I started Chico he e-mailed me an eight page scan of an SEA Camo article from FSM years back, I didn't ask he just sent it to me.

The Tiger is now officially "Kamfgrup Russ."

Rocky

I never met him either but I thought to myself many times that he was someone I would have liked to meet in person.

He certainly set the bar higher in my mind.

Thank you for that Russ.

<S>

Oh my... this is very sad news.

Russ will certainly be missed. I only have time for lurking these days and I will certainly miss his great builds, entertaining posts, and great sense of humor . Words fail me now...

Rest In Peace Russ! You are missed.

What a shock to read that Russ has passed into the next world. Gone way too early.

What I liked the most about his craftsmanship was the ME 110 mods that he did.

RIP Russ

Denie

I personally would like to see such threads in some form of permanantly accessible archive file so that his efforts may always be an inspiration to fellow modellers everywhere.
My suggestion is a sticky in his honor.

I agree and hope that our LSP team will be willing to create a memorial along those lines.

Charles Metz