R.I.P Ruzlkampf (Russ Camp) - You will be missed

MiaKonnect

With work and the usual distractions, I haven't been on LSP in the past week or so. This is staggeringly sad news. I did not know Russ personally, but his projects and comments have always been a source of inspiration and encouragement to me.

Fly high and Godspeed, sir!

Tim W.

I am not on as much as usual and so missed this thread. I'm shocked and saddened. RIP Russ. If there is a group build I'll try my darndest to complete something for him.

I dont know what else to say.

James

I am but a newbie here, and was enthrawled by his 110G-4 work. As I followed his post his work reminded me of something I read many years ago:

A man who works with his hands is but a laborer.

A man who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman.

But a man who works with his hands, head and heart is an artist.

This was such a man.

Rest in peace Russ Camp, and know that those of us who strive to attain your level of artistry are keeping your memory alive.

I am but a newbie here, and was enthrawled by his 110G-4 work. As I followed his post his work reminded me of something I read many years ago:

A man who works with his hands is but a laborer.

A man who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman.

But a man who works with his hands, head and heart is an artist.

This was such a man.

Rest in peace Russ Camp, and know that those of us who strive to attain your level of artistry are keeping your memory alive.

Thank you.. Truer words were never spoken. So say we all.

After reading of all the tributes, I finally stumbled into this thread and read every single post. It is sad indeed. Since wealth is measured by the friends one has, he was blessed. May those he left behind revel in the good memories of which I am sure there are many.

Regards,

I salute Russ as an outstanding person and an extremely good artist who lived life with passion. He cracked me up with reports of shooting at plastic battleships as they floated in a pond near his home while gulping down Jello pudding cups. Russ always had that upbeat and comical attitude that kept me guessing at what he'd say next. I was inspired by his unique approach to modeling and impressive results. As with many of you on this site I consider Russ a true friend even though we've never met in person and I feel that towards many of you as well. I just hope I can get to know him on a personal level if we meet in Heaven, all the rest of this stuff is just a distraction in comparison to that.

I'm shocked and gutted to say the least. I've been away for a few weeks, and have returned today to learn of this very sad news. I don't know what else I can say about the man that hasn't already been said. Russ was a dear friend I never had the pleasure of meeting....I never even had the pleasure to shake his hand. I will always remember him as being a very honorable and generous soul, his wit and humour always uplifting...always willing to lend a helping hand to everyone...friend or stranger. He will be deeply missed. Take care my friend.

090525-F-5951M-095.jpg

I've only recently joined LSP (this is my very first post) and was merrily reading through a number of building projects including Russ' when I stumbled across the tragic news of his premature passing.

I never exchanged any correspondance with him, didn't know anything about him save the intriguing creations he produced with a fabulous creative talent and sense of humour. Notwithstanding, I wanted to express my sadness that someone of his skill, his obvious (as evidenced by the number of wonderful tributes to him here) generosity and kindness should go so young. Sad, sad news.

My condolences to Russ' family and friends.