R.I.P Ruzlkampf (Russ Camp) - You will be missed

MiaKonnect

sounds good Kev, i'll chip in with my latest "long-term-project-which-i-could-have-done-quicker", just say where and when......

Wow... I am certainly shocked to hear this news.

I always made sure to check any builds Russ had going on as the first order of business when reading LSP. He was truly an inspirational builder and all around good egg. I's hard to beleive we won't get to see anymore of his amazing (not to mention speedy!) builds.

A sticky in the Group Build forum to put all his builds would be a great idea.

Hand Salute Sir. You will be missed.

Doug

I'm hoping that my proposed group build will perform this function.

I like the idea of a group build in Russ's honor, Kev, but would suggest that it might be fitting also to somehow gather his threads -- or links to them -- in a single, permanent, prominent place on this website.

Charles Metz

I'm hoping that my proposed group build will perform this function.

Kev

I like the idea of a group build in Russ's honor, Kev, but would suggest that it might be fitting also to somehow gather his threads -- or links to them -- in a single, permanent, prominent place on this website.

Charles Metz

I think we can do both in one. We will indeed be starting a memorial Group Build, probably this weekend. There will be no theme. Like Russ, there will be almost no rules! If it's in our scale, it's in. The whole point will be to build together and celebrate our fallen brother. Each GB gets a Gallery of completed entries that is pinned, therefore permanent. We can post a list of links to Russ's works in that gallery where it will remain as testimony to his fun and prolific work here on LSP.

I'd be in for GB Russville.

I think perhaps a scratch-build (or three) in his Honour would be appropriate.

I think you just nailed the name of the GB! "A Trip to Russville" is most fitting. More importantly, I know it would really make him smile.

Although the many heartfelt testimonials here indicate clearly that Russ contributed much more than models to our group, a thoughtful browse through of his work might help us to remember him in an appropriate way. Please add to the following list any significant threads that I've missed:

F-4S Phantom build

Bf 110 G-4 build

Lockheed SR-71 build

How to Make Your Own Decals

... plus three that Russ had just begun when he was cut down:

Norwegian F-5A build

Norwegian F-16A build

Norwegian F-104 build

Sadly, and with respect,

Charles Metz

Here's another one that I personally enjoyed a lot.

Fokker D.VII

I haven't been on in a couple of day and saw mention of this from HS.... I'm in total shock... I've bantered back and forth with him, he never failed to cheer and encourage.. I was in total awe of his energy, speed and sheer talent. He was one of a kind and one of the reasons I loved to log on and see what he was up to.. it was always a jaw dropper.

I feel like I've lost a best friend.

My condolences to his family.

Count me in on the group build.

Vaughn

To anyone who followed any of ruzlkampf's posts about the models he has built - he passed away on Wednesday night while at work. He was an awesome guy and it saddens me deeply to see him go. Thankfully he gave me many many things to remember him by... here is a pic of just a few of the models I have of his.

russmodels.jpg

Mia Konnect

Mia, perhaps you could take some pics of his models you have for us so we can all enjoy his work and perhaps put them in the gallery?. I would really like to see some of his P-38 that you have. I watched his work carefully and although I did not know him, from his posts I think he was a great guy and I'm sure a very good friend to many. A truly sad day for all of us.

Cheers.

Now added to my list above. Thanks, Kevin.

Charles Metz

Charles,

You also forgot :

The scratchbuilt F5-U "Flying Pancake"

The twin build of the Piper Cub and LS 8 glider

The P-38 L Lightning

The Me 262 B-1a nighfighter conversion

The Aussie A4-G Skyhawk

which Russ started and completed in the last two years (and I'm sure I've forgotten more ...)

Russ was a prolific builder, his building speed lengendary, and all of his builds brought something to this Group. I for sure would never have started a scratchbuilt project without Russ' inspiration in his F5-U build. It's been said here by many, but I will sure miss him.

So of course I am game for any "Trip to Russville" GB, with a scratchbuilt project, and will store all my other projects for that !

Hubert.

PS: and I also want to concur with Butler to thank Mia for caring to register here just to let us know about Russ' passing. It shows how much people outside this community cared for Russ and for his areas of interest.