R.I.P Ruzlkampf (Russ Camp) - You will be missed

MiaKonnect

Guest canuck63

Just opened LSP and.....CANNOT BELIEVE THAT :unsure: !Words fail me and I don't know what to say but.......Godspeed Russ!!!!!

My deepest condolences to his family and friends!

Manny <_<

I did not know Russ but it is clear many of you did.

I’m saddened for you loss and my condolences to you and his family.

R.I.P. Russ

OMG...I'm shocked by his very sudden demise. We had such a well attuned and humerous understanding of each other on these forums - it is almost too much for me to take in. I counted him as close a friend as you can get without actually meeting him - I shall miss him greatly. He seemed to live his life the way he made his models - very fast. There were no half measures at all with Russ...He was a very bright beacon of light that was exstinguished much too early. I hope that we can find some way to collectively honour and remember him.

Rest in peace Russ

Your dear friend

Derek

I hope that we can find some way to collectively honour and remember him.

I have proposed to LSP staff that we run a Russ Tribute GB, and honour him in a way that seems most fitting - by building something.

Kev

I have proposed to LSP staff that we run a Russ Tribute GB, and honour him in a way that seems most fitting - by building something.

Kev

Kev, I am sure that he would have liked that. I have never had the opportunity to complete a large scale model of anything in over 5 years of being a member of LSP (due to my pattern work) - However, I will build something in Russ's honour and memory.

Thank you

Derek

Kev

I was thinking the same thing! Count me in.

Like the rest of you l am in shock this morning. l was waiting for a reply back on my email from him. We talked via email and or PM here many times. He was full of humour and good will and he will be sorely missed by me. Some of his emails were very long as he loved to talk. He was going to help me with lozenge for me Fokker, l did not ask he volunteered his help which was the kind of man he was.

Like the rest of you we all were amazed how fast he could build a model from scratch. His builds will be missed as they were fun to watch but very informative.

You will be missed here on LSP Russ god speed and someday we will all meet up again

WOW! I am actually tearing up as I write this! I enjoyed following Russ' builds , not only for the great modeling talent but his wit. I will certainly miss him. My deepest condolences to his family. How sad.

I am also at a loss for words, but must say something....

Russ is one of the few members on LSP that really made me feel welcomed when I first joined. It is refreshing to have a fellow modeler also speak his own language, and just be himself... ALWAYS REAL 100% of the time.

It is only by his being who he is, that made me stay. I was already not being understood well after being here a short time in the summer of '08, and in his Russville humility, he made me feel at home. After 1st contact he was offering me plans, and putting me at ease to be me. He gave me the courage to speak my thoughts in my own manner, and if not clear at first you can always fix it by next post. His way of being all around is an inspiration.....

Rest In Power Russ, Save us all a spot at the workbench in Zion.....

Peace Iternal, and JAH Guide and Protection,

Alfonso

Wow! I am speechless.Like many others,I din't really believe that this thread was real.What a shame. My respect and condolences go out to his family and friends at this time of unspeakable grief and loss. I pray that they take comfort in knowing that he will feel no more the pain of this world and that his loss will bring us left behind closer together,

J

I am in total shock. Russ was a great person and he was very helpful and unselfish. I too counted him as a friend and I am deeply saddened at his passing. I will miss him, his building and his witt.

I am now going to dedicate my Tiger build to Russ.

Rocky