A "Claude" is coming

dutik

Wow, that's come a bit out of the blue! About time too.

Kev

Added to the database at the beginning of February.

Special Hobby are normally pretty good at releasing the items they announce. They just don't say when.

Well, the caption says A5M2b. However, the box art looks like an A5M4 to me. Shorter cowling and more varied markings choices for the A5M4. Hooray!

Greg

I was thinking the same thing!!! Doesn't the A5M2b have an enclosed cockpit/full canopy?

Well, the caption says A5M2b. However, the box art looks like an A5M4 to me. Shorter cowling and more varied markings choices for the A5M4. Hooray!

Sorry Greg, but according to the Mushroom book, those markings were worn by an A6M2b:

Januszewski-p64.jpg

I'm posting this scan under the standard "Fair Use"conditions, which I trust everyone here will respect.

I was thinking the same thing!!! Doesn't the A5M2b have an enclosed cockpit/full canopy?

No.

Charles Metz

Sorry Greg, but according to the Mushroom book, those markings were worn by an A6M2b:

I'm posting this scan under the standard "Fair Use"conditions, which I trust everyone here will respect.

No.

Charles Metz

Actually, we were both right on this one, Charles:

post-39-1274054030.jpg

A5M2b early = enclosed cockpit, A5M2b late = open cockpit. Looks like the Special Hobby kit is the late version.

Same book, same fair use rules as per Charles above.

Yes, I pulled the book out today as I am thinking of doing a Claude for the Russ group build. I figured it would make for a nice tribute to Dave Thompson as well as Russ.

Anyway I ran across the profiles and remembered the discussion!

I am interested to see Special Hobby's version.

• 1 month later...
A look at Special Hobby's 1/32 Mitsubishi A5M2b Claude from folks at Aeroscale:

http://www.aeroscale.co.uk/modules.php?op=...le&sid=7023

Thanks for the link, Minnesota (btw, where do you live?)

I just grabbed one off of Ebay the other night, from a guy in Poland. I was wondering what the second decal option was. Now I know.

Thanks again!

John