1:16 T-34/85

LSP_K2

Back on this again, I've begun the process of adding weld beads where appropriate, using stretched sprue, soaked with liquid cement so that it wrinkles up. Still much to do, but I'd like to base coat this weekend, if not before.

cJqjti.jpg

Cool project Kevin!

Your cast turret made me think ... a lot ... :hmmm: ... and gave me some ideas :evil_laugh:. Thanks!

I'm intending to do the stippled Mr Surfacer method to represent the rolled plate texture on the roof. (we'll see how that turns out).

Thanks guys. Work continues at a snails pace. I've started detailing front of hull. Liquid cement liberally and randomly applied, then stippled with a stiff brush; bolts and some more weld seams added.

cjAsh7.jpg

Turret receives yet more detailing. I tried something new here; soaking random areas with liquid cement, then sprinkling on fine grit. Once dry, a layer of Mr Surfacer blends it in, depicting some very rough surface texture.

NLnrJk.jpg

On 11/13/2011 at 3:16 PM, jeroenpeters said:

Hi Kevin,

Are you going to place any figures on this beast??

I doubt it Jeroen. it'll be more like the photo depicted in post #7. The Trumpeter Russian tankers I have are depicted more in a resting pose than a combat pose, like the figure below, (I need to redo his right hand, as it looks pretty funky straight OOB).

VU8FZJ.jpg

Good job so far! Are you out for some great slogans too?

Why did you close the drivers visors? It would be odd to drive a tank with all drivers hatches and optics closed! ;)

BTW, I had the chance to sit in a real T-34 in static display while I was a teenager. Not to mention to take part in live fire exercises with Zis-2 (57 mm), Zis-3 (76 mm) and D-44 (85 mm) guns during my tour of duty.

Regards!

- dutik

Good job so far! Are you out for some great slogans too?

Why did you close the drivers visors? It would be odd to drive a tank with all drivers hatches and optics closed! ;)

- dutik

Yep, I've already received some Archer transfers for it. As to the visors, they'll be open once I'm finished.