1:16 T-34/85

LSP_K2

I'll keep these posts to a minimum. Just wanted to share my passion for my big boy T-34/85 (Trumpeter kit). This will ultimately be finished in a really dirty winter white scheme (I've since revised that notion). Base will depict a section of a destroyed city. I've done this before in 1:35 scale, and it looks pretty intimidating.

post-8159-1273339798.jpg

Turret has been doctored up with globs of super glue to represent casting seams, and dinged with ball bit in motor tool to recreate the very rough cast surface appearance of turret that was typical, not yet finished.

post-8159-1273340011.jpg

I'll certainly post some more, but not until a great deal more work is finished. I really want to keep this topic small. I'm just appreciative that the LSP guys said it was OK to post this at all. Cheers! :)

mike in calif said:
"AHEM" What part of LSP are you violating? That IS a Large Scale Panzer!

I have one in the stash as well.

Thanks Mike; that's a very astute observation. I guess I'm good!  Mine (hopefully), will look like this, except for winter finish. And of course it's a T-34, not a JS-2!

post-8159-1273370220.jpg

Ummm unless my eyes fail me badly, that photo IS of a T-34/85. The turret is for sure but the muzzle brake seems odd. The glasis and the road wheels sure appear to be that of a T-34.

Sabre

Your eyes are failing you!! That is a famous pic of a JS-2 (or IS-2) in Berlin. It has a 122mm gun and much smaller road wheels than a T-34.

Kevin,

Just been looking at Rocky's post, I've suddenly got the urge to do armour for the first time. Must have been looking too much at the stash and wanting to do something as a diversion for a while.

Am considering the Tamiya 1/16 Leopard 2 with full RC. Need it to deal with the local cats that keep crapping in my garden!

Think it will be oob as I could not believe the price of aftermarked stuff.

Makes a Big Ed set look like pocketmoney!

Nice to see something different on here and I am really looking forward to your build!

Keep us posted!

Phil :blowup:

Nice one!

These kits ofer great detail and great potential for weathering.

I've got two of these. One t34/85 and one t34/76 which is halfway done.

There are some nice upgrades for these things.

Pe by Part. Figures (new) by Verlinden, And metal barrels.

My project is stalled, but watching yours might just get it on the move again!

Keep it up! Like the seams a lot.

Cheers,

Jeroen

True (so far) to my intentions, here's a small bit of progress. Playing a bit with some balsa foam to create the beginnings of a destroyed structure. Street will ultimately be littered with rubble and debris. I can't possibly hope to compete with that beast that Rocky is working on, but I like this one nonetheless.

post-8159-1273803653.jpg

That's a big beastie! Any interior shots?

If you're referring to the vehicle, and I assume you are, nope. It's buttoned up tight, as I suspect it would be while roaming in an area filled with snipers.