A 'lil Sum'em Sum'em

LSP_Paul

Looks great! I got Jerry's wheels and prop for my Trumpy 1D and they are very nice. The Corsair is on my short list so I will be watching this build as inspiration.

Matt

VERY nice work! I have one of these in the stash with a variety of after market cockpits but I prefer the verlinden one. I am just intimidated by the prospect of it not fitting into my fuselage. Please let us know how you will be getting it in there.

Looking forward to it!

Beautiful work on the cockpit!!! I put my Corsair aside waiting with great anticipation for Chris's cowl. Anxious to see how this one turns out.

Same, I've been slowly collecting things for mine like the AM cockpit (Aires) and AM engine. I am looking forward to getting Chris's cowl and getting started.

Great pit so far :thumbsup:

Harvey,

Thanks for the kind words and heads up! I have been test fitting by "tacking" things in first, then taping it all together and tripple checking thier clearance inside, its tight and I had to modify some parts, but most of it was left untouched and I have the seat in now., going to do seatbelts and maybe post a couple pictures later tonight.

Paul

:thumbsup:

Looks great! Be sure and test fit the seat with both side walls and rear bulkhead in place! I did mine with the Eduards seat and I think it was a little wide. Ended up removing the ox. bottle and regulator.Keep posting pics, its really looking sharp.....Harv :crying:

Thank you Phil!

Glad you like hows it's progressing, just a few little fixes here and there and it pretty much goes together so far.. the exaust openings and some new pipes will make a huge difference, the Verlinden pit needs very little modification to fit and is very well detailed all I did was paint it, but Im glad you enjoyed how it came out.

Paul

Paul,

Fabulous cockpit.

Got a Corsair with aftermarket cockpit in my stash.

Will be saving your posts as a "how to" to help me in the future.

Phil :crying:

Thanks Big Matt your Beaufighter is an amazing model so far too, and I shall do the same with your model, I have one in the stash ! Im glad you enjoyed my cockpit work so far.. now on to more fun stuff!

Paul

Looks great! I got Jerry's wheels and prop for my Trumpy 1D and they are very nice. The Corsair is on my short list so I will be watching this build as inspiration.

Matt

Bladerunner,

The pit fits in like a glove, as Harvey mentioned, no matter whos seat you use its a tight squeeze...

The other thing to keep in mind is once the seat is in very little thats under it is visable anymore, so intead of moving things around or modifying parts, leaving some of the stuff out thats not going to be seen anyway will go a long way to making the final fit easier.

Glad you enjoyed it so far,

Paul

VERY nice work! I have one of these in the stash with a variety of after market cockpits but I prefer the verlinden one. I am just intimidated by the prospect of it not fitting into my fuselage. Please let us know how you will be getting it in there.

Looking forward to it!

Thanks Jerry! I appreciate the kind words! Ironically enough.. Last weekend my girlfreind and I went to a fantastic used book store in Portland. On the drive home she put a bag in my lap and guess what was in it ? A SIGNED copy of Ba Ba Blacksheep 1968 edition signed in 1983.

I belive he passed away in 1985..I read the book in a couple of nights and thats been helping fire my desire and imagination to finish this thing to my best ability. Still not sure how Im going to paint it up yet but one of his 3 planes are contenders, just dont have any decals for it..could use dry transfers though.. I'll keep you updated. Making a 1 A out of this 1 D is pretty easy too!

Paul

Very nice pit bubba! I can almost see Boyington climbing into it.

J

Thanks Thor! Glad you like it so far.. the seat was a neat little project! Concave bends in flat photoetched metal are always enjoyable.. kinda like practicing home dentistry! :crying:

But I'll post some pics later tonight and you can tell me how it came out.. I like it though!

Thanks for the kind words,

Paul

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTT! Nice Pit Paul!!!!!!

Jealous!

THOR