Trumpeter F4U-1D Replacement Cowling

ChrisS

• 1 month later...

any news? !!!!!!

Yes, we're still trying to cast enough up to cover our initial pre-order quantities. It's a group effort, and there have been several set-backs. We should be able to make an announcement imminently.

Kev

That's a great canopy, looks much better then the one supplied in the kit. Are you having plans on making one for the -4 as well? The one in the kit also looks a bit strange...at least to me.

thanks a lot

Uwe

• 2 weeks later...

My cowls have arrived, this is truly an excellent product... any chance we can get some pix of the stiffeners installed in the fwd ring, or a drawing of how it is anticipated to do this part?

Thanks

• 3 years later...

Are these going to be re-released. I still never got one in the first round due to being overseas. Thanks

It's highly unlikely unfortunately. You may be able to find one via the Traders Board though. Failing that, I believe Vector has an alternative that's still available.

Kev

Thats actually a good point Ron. All of the F4U kits at my LHS are all birdcages, and all indicate they come with the clear and grey cowling. As replacements go, I would think the Tamiya cowling would be the absolute closest thing to a super accurate cowl with the LSP cowl now OOP. It would also seem to be cheaper than splurging on the fairly expensive Vector cowling @ almost $30.00 USD (mostly seen them going for around £18.50)

• 1 year later...

Okay, so I just bought this Corsair *1d kit today (May 2016) which is obviously way out of the realm of possibilities for scoring one of these cowl gems —BUT!— how about some of you lucky builders that got one post some pics of your builds with this upgraded part? I'd love to see the outcome of this great thread (and get some closure for missing out) so consider this the politest of requests to that effect. Of course, build links are fine too.

Okay, so I just bought this Corsair *1d kit today (May 2016) which is obviously way out of the realm of possibilities for scoring one of these cowl gems —BUT!— how about some of you lucky builders that got one post some pics of your builds with this upgraded part? I'd love to see the outcome of this great thread (and get some closure for missing out) so consider this the politest of requests to that effect. Of course, build links are fine too.

My build is a long way from finished, and currently stalled, but will feature this cowl when the time comes:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=44295

I'm planning to resume it soon actually, having just sourced a replacement engine for the one I botched.

Oh, and welcome aboard, by the way!

:post1:

Kev