1/32 Trumpeter SBD-5 Dauntless

Bladerunner

I screwed up the cowl on this Dauntless. Its my fault. I'll own that.

My attempt at fixing it is just terrible. My skills simply will not allow me to properly re-scribe the lost panels lines around the gun troughs. They are compound curves on a compound curve. I just end up with a jagged mess every time I attempt it. I have tried scribers, saws, everything.

So... I would like to get a new cowl. Unfortunately Trumpeter is not Tamiya and getting spare parts is not easy. My LHS can't help, I have emailed Trumpeter twice (no answer) and I have tried Stevens. I don't want to buy the model again for 4 pieces.

I know this is a LONG shot.... but anyone out there want to sell me a cowl for this model??

There may not be a need to find a replacement kit or to find someone who has an extra cowl Bladerunner.............

I have used this avenue on several occasions (just be prepared to wait a bit to get things), most recently to get a replacement Has windscreen for my P-40, but I believe they do all manufacturers:

Thy this:

Hobby Link Japan Replacement Parts FAQ

Then you can E-mail them here:

parts@hlj.com

Just as a heads up, the system is not perfect, as it DOES take quite a bit of time to get your parts and you have to order the whole sprue for the part you want, but its better than buying a whole other hard to find kit.

HTH,

Brian

aren't there any after market part that can replace your damage OOB parts ??

just a thought

might want to post in the traders board you might get lucky

Cheers

Neo

• 3 years later...

I finished the markings and I'm very happy with my results! Of course the vinyl outline masks distorted over time so I had to cut new ones from tamiya tape. So much for that saving time. The paint used was Vallejo insignia blue and I think it worked perfectly!

I also painted the walkways and I'm likely going to paint a few more things so as to avoid these questionable trumpy decals. The issue I have is that I don't trust the trump decal guide and I have no good pictures to go by.

IMG_20150124_083034_zpsmsfttxkk.jpg

Edited by Bladerunner

• 4 weeks later...