Trumpy Su27

Phartycr0c

Hi folks, dipping my toe in the water of displaying one of my completed builds, , I present to you Sukhoi SU27 "Blue 03" of the 9th GvIAP Kilp-Yavr.

Basically the Trumpy 1/32 bird with Zacto nose, intakes and canopy corrections Totally ficticious (im sure) weapons loadout. Model Master, Humbrol and Citadel paintwork with Linden Hill decals which are works of art in themselves. I also utilised a salt weathering technique in order to replicate worn and faded paintwork.

This was build as part of a group build over on Britmodeller.

Excusing the crap photography, here is the final result.

DSC_5307.jpg

DSC_5309.jpg

DSC_5308.jpg

DSC_5305.jpg

DSC_5311.jpg

DSC_5314.jpg

DSC_5312.jpg

DSC_5317.jpg

Thank you and goodnight!

Comrade Matt,

I see that u'er SU-27 has turned out very nice.And we at the KGB look forward i seeing more of mother russia's fine aircraft on display.So,Comrade,What are u'er plans for the next project that we would like to see.And remember Comrade.We at KGB are watching u VVVEEERRRYYY Closely.Larry

It turned out really nice. Very inspiring....

I've got mine with the main airframe together in primer with all the Zacto and Aires bits. I just keep getting distracted by other projects...

C

Thank you all for the positive replies.

Very nice work!!!

What did you think of the Zactoman's correction sets?

I must say I cannot fault the correction sets they are works of art in themselves, however, it is not until you make a direct comparison of the kit parts and Chris's sets that you realise just how misshapen the kit itself is.

The kit parts conspire to make the finished article look somewhat squat and rounded as if the plane has been driven into a wall, BUT and here is the BUT the kit will make up into a perfectly good representation of the Flanker just that the corrections add the icing to the cake.

They (the Zacto parts) are easy to work with and contain clear instructions. I did experience difficulty with the intakes but that was due to the bottom half of the kit moulding being slightly warped.

Overall I would very highly recommend the correction sets but only if budget allows. In My book they are a "nice to have" not a "Have to have", depends on how fanatical you want to be about accuracy. (Oh Oh I think iv'e just become a heratic!)