Foiled Hasegawa P-51D

Out2gtcha

You also need to add a thing called a "propeller". Sort of spiky thing that goes on the front of the engine.

Apparently without one the real thing just sits on the gound and makes lots of noise but doesn't go anywhere.

HTH

Phil :speak_cool:

Ah yes thanks mate. While I knew he was coming along it did feel as if he was missing something........ :lol: :lol:

Theres always one in the crowd....... :rolleyes:

Finish line is approaching rapidly.........very rapidly.

Thanks guys, and cheers.

Brian

Brian,

Im both envious and pleased to see your project so close to completion. A remarkable foil job on my favorite topic. Its come out looking mighty good.

Nice going...

Best,

Geoff

Brian,

Im both envious and pleased to see your project so close to completion. A remarkable foil job on my favorite topic. Its come out looking mighty good.

Nice going...

Best,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff! Quite a complement considering the extraordinarily high caliber of you're mustang build! :speak_cool:

Brian

FIN

WIP_DB_244.jpg

Thanks to one and all for following along on this little adventure of mine.

There are other words that could be used to describe this build but this is a family site!

Way too many people to thank, especially the ones who helped with decals, advice, parts, and most of all encouragement! The kind words DO really help along the way. You guys are the best!!!!

Here is a link to the complete RFI thread:

Foiled 1/32 Hasegawa P-51D Dixie Boy - RFI

Official build time:

6 Months

6 Days

11 Hrs

Thanks again guys for sticking with me through the build......all the kind words and encouragement have meant a lot.

Cheers,

Brian

A great ending to a great build. I've followed this one from the beginning and it held my interest all the way. This is just way beyond cool. Once I get my internal structures done, I'll be using the foil technique for my B17G. I hope it comes out half as good as yours.

Just a quick comment I thought others might enjoy. Brian and I are often asked how long it takes to learn how to foil. I checked my Brian Leitch emails and found the original contact from the 3rd of February, 2008. At that time, Brian had not done ANY foiling! Brian is a quick study, but I think this can be used to give an indication of how long it took to get to this point. However, don't use this as a benchmark; his first foiled models were excellent. With this build he has taught all of us many new tricks, and has taken the art of foiling to a new level. Besides, he revealed most of the pitfalls so others won't have to suffer the agony!

Beautiful work my friend!

Ken Friend