rescribing

Guys,

I want to start rescribing panel lines on my old kits, I've got a pretty decent idea on how I want to do it, but I have two questions:

1) I don't want to use the backside of an old #11, so what would you guys recommend for a good scribe?

2) How do u know where the panel lines go? I have some reference material, but they aren't always helpful, and how do u know when to draw the line on how far to go with rescribing?

I've seen u guys talk about line drawings. I've got a pretty decent idea what those are, but would those be helpful for rescribing? I don't have anything like that in my reference library.

I've been coming to this site for a couple of month now, and u guys have been really helpful and given me ideas on how to improve my modeling, plus turned me on to new products. I hope someday to show some of my stuff on this site. :D Thanks,

Cheers, Ian

Larry, hell of a B-57! :D

I´ll try it,but my english is not the best :D

Squadron has a scribing tool that pulls the plastic out of the line you scribe.That´s important.

If you sand the raised lines carefully down you will see them after sanding.

That´s a good start.And check your reference twice.

There are also good articles in ARC and Hyperscale about rescribing.

HTH,Dan

A company called OLFA has an excellent scriber, and Hasagawa offers various tools for scribing and riveting such as a rivet template, rivet driver, scriber and Verlinden and Eduard offer scribing templates to trace openings and access hatches. Additionally, old erasing templates used in drafting can be used. Some folk prefer plain sewing needles inserted in wooden dowels, or if you don't want to go to the trouble, vivisection pins from a biological supply house will do.