Another Airfix 1/24 FW-190

Max N

I had a complete disaster with the kit decals. They partially disintegrated, then I had a hell of a time getting them off. Ended up using turps which melted the right side fuselage. Had to sand it all smooth and re-scribe it. It doesn't look too bad, but I won't be posting many shots of the right side :-)

So then I had to make some new decals, which is when I decided to go for Buhlingen aircraft. Here are the decals I made:

IMG_2978.jpg

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Jerry, I have used the Hobbydecal dry transfer stencils on this build. First time I've used them. You're right, they are very good, I will use them wherever I can from now on.

Well, I finally got the engine mounted and plumbed in.

P1000119.jpg

P1000120.jpg

P1000121.jpg

P1000122.jpg

Still to do:

Oil filter

Prop

Front cowling

Canopy

Main gear doors

Shoulder straps

Machine guns

I still need to scratch build the air bottles for the machine guns, thats probably the most time consuming bit I have left. But i am getting near to finishing :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Did some work on the machine guns. Trying to show the ammo belt disappearing down into the cases. Still need to add some plumbing to the guns. Also added the shoulder straps hanging out of the sides of the cockpit.

P1000125.jpg

P1000123.jpg

So, Max I've gotta say that this build is one of the best looking that I've seen in a while. Quite an achievement for someone just getting back into it. And you were seriously pulling our collective leg when you said you weren't too concerned with accuracy. That BMW radial is beautiful, truly this whole build is going beautifully. A great effort so far.