1/32 F-8C Fisher Conversion

mynameismatt

Hi All,

I've been a lurker for awhile, but thought I'd post a few questions.

So I just finished a 1/32 F-8E, its a nice kit, and I had alot of fun with it. It makes me interested in the Fisher conversion. Would I be correct in thinking that I could also use it for a D,H, or K models? I know it is specifically a C conversion, but I'm fairly certain the the D is similar to the C, with the IR sensor on the nose, and the H,K are upgrades of C and D models.

The other problem is decals. All I know are the Zotz decals for VF-84 and VF-111. Are there any more for this conversion that I am aware of, or are in the pipeline?

If I make a D,H, or K, it could be a chance for me to try custom decals...... :party0023:

From what I know the E and J had the bigger radar, so I don't see why it wouldn't work for the others! I'm not sure about the bulge on the wing spine, or the radar vents! The Walk Around book shows a H with 3 vents insted of 4. The next time I use the Fisher set I think I'll just cut the top bulge on the wing and fill it, replacing the whole center section takes to long and if you don't get it right the leading edge flaps will look off! I'd say get the info you think is good and go for it! It is a nice kit, hope the A-7 is the same! HTH

Looking through the limited resources, I'd say it's a C! Due to the AOA on the right side! I have photos of a D and H both with out the angle of attack on the nose, but this is just a guess!

I'm with you it's a "C".

The early use of the probe on top of the nose for yaw is a "C" feature from what I can tell as well.

Amazingly enough it was replaced with a piece of string if needed!

Barry

I have one ask for you here.

Is it better to use F-8E kit for Fisher conversion F-8C version? I thin E version is better to use due to its smaller horizontal stabs. Am I right?

Thanks Pavel

I have one ask for you here.

Is it better to use F-8E kit for Fisher conversion F-8C version? I thin E version is better to use due to its smaller horizontal stabs. Am I right?

Thanks Pavel

I have not looked at the "J" kit but if it does have the larger horizontal stabilizers then the answer is; Yes.

Also did they do the leading edge flaps correctly in the "J" kit?

If so then that would be another reason to use the "E" kit.

Barry

I have not looked at the "J" kit but if it does have the larger horizontal stabilizers then the answer is; Yes.

Also did they do the leading edge flaps correctly in the "J" kit?

If so then that would be another reason to use the "E" kit.

Barry

Hi Barry

Thanks for your answer. It´s like I thought.

Pavel

Hi All,

I've been a lurker for awhile, but thought I'd post a few questions.

So I just finished a 1/32 F-8E, its a nice kit, and I had alot of fun with it. It makes me interested in the Fisher conversion. Would I be correct in thinking that I could also use it for a D,H, or K models? I know it is specifically a C conversion, but I'm fairly certain the the D is similar to the C, with the IR sensor on the nose, and the H,K are upgrades of C and D models.

The other problem is decals. All I know are the Zotz decals for VF-84 and VF-111. Are there any more for this conversion that I am aware of, or are in the pipeline?

If I make a D,H, or K, it could be a chance for me to try custom decals...... :hmmm:

The decals are limited for the earlier models. For the C, only the Zotz is on the market. It would be nice to see more C, D, H and K decals. The Marines VMFA-321 for example (F-8K Black Barons).

Also, in the future Fisher might come with a conversion for the E itself.

Tim