1/16 scale scratch built AT-38B Talon-The Smurf jet is back!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a Fantastic build!

I suppose its too much to ask to have the photo's reloaded into this thread because of Photobuckets recent Backstabbing!

I think this is great reference to make me want to try this!

Cheers Phil.

Ah yes, another wonderful thread ravaged because of these idiots. Shame really.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I happened to notice that photobucket has recently rescinded their image ransoming blockage and that all the pictures in this thread (and many other sites) are visible again! I just finished binge-reading from beginning to end in one sitting and enjoyed it so much. This project was so well documented I felt like I was looking over your (Pete's) shoulder the whole time. I'm amazed tyou could sustain the level of concentration required to work for so many years on this without permanently burning out. Understandably you need to put it away from time to time until enthusiasm returns. Hope that's the case here. Would love to see this epic play out to the final conclusion. Thanks for sharing all your work over the years!

I happened to notice that photobucket has recently rescinded their image ransoming blockage and that all the pictures in this thread (and many other sites) are visible again! I just finished binge-reading from beginning to end in one sitting and enjoyed it so much. This project was so well documented I felt like I was looking over your (Pete's) shoulder the whole time. I'm amazed tyou could sustain the level of concentration required to work for so many years on this without permanently burning out. Understandably you need to put it away from time to time until enthusiasm returns. Hope that's the case here. Would love to see this epic play out to the final conclusion. Thanks for sharing all your work over the years!

Hello checksix and Thanks for the kind words!!

This is still my baby! And I do set it aside to get other projects completed...(Most recently a ZM USAF A-1H on a stick with a spinning prop) But with that out of my system, I'm back at the big Smurfjet...Chipping away at all of the bits that need to be installed before I can attach the windscreen. Guess I better take a few photos !

Funny that when this project started so many years ago, the plan was always to cover the model in sheet aluminum, panel by panel. Timmy! used this technique many years ago on his stunning 1/24th OV-10, and it was Timmy! that convinced me that this was the best path. Fast forward to today: scratchbuilt models skinned in metal are all the rage and I've enjoyed watching the further development of this technique. I'm looking forward to skinning the fuselage  very much. Once the windscreen is on and blended in, I'll be able to lay out the fuselage panel lines and begin skinning the fuselage..a lot waits on that winsdscreen install! The vertical fin that I did earlier has been scrapped and will get a complete do-over as well. 

Cheers to all!

Pete