1/16 scale scratch built AT-38B Talon-The Smurf jet is back!

Pete, do you know of any T-38s in civilian hands?  There was one under resto in Colorado years ago, but I don’t know if it was ever finished.  Don’t think I’ve ever seen one on the airshow circuit.  With the Air Force happy to get retired jets from other countries to replace operational losses, I’d guess that the opportunities to pick one up surplus would be pretty slim.

2 hours ago, Oldbaldguy said:

Pete, do you know of any T-38s in civilian hands?  There was one under resto in Colorado years ago, but I don’t know if it was ever finished.  Don’t think I’ve ever seen one on the airshow circuit.  With the Air Force happy to get retired jets from other countries to replace operational losses, I’d guess that the opportunities to pick one up surplus would be pretty slim.

Hey OBG

Boeing owns two. Ross Perot Jr. owns one, and there is another based in Arizona somewhere.

Both of the Boeing jets are chase aircraft, and were assembled by Chuck Thornton-

last time I spoke with Chuck, he had one more T-38 that he could assemble and turn into a flyer-

all it takes is money :hmmm:

cheers

P

Edited by Pete Fleischmann