1/16 scale scratch built AT-38B Talon-The Smurf jet is back!

Of all the things in that picture to live in, the stadium was not what I thought....

With that out of the way and to keep some goodies going on this thread, how 'bout s'more CAD...you know you want it!  

There's going to be a sprinkle of magic on some of these parts after printing.  I have tentative confidence that the resin I'm using would support the model on it's own but, long term I lose confidence in its strength quickly.  So I'll be working on a method to strengthen the parts and preserve them better than King Tut.  I'm thinking it could be a good alternative to aftermarket metal gear that seems to be the first or second thing people are clamoring for these days for their new kits.

MainGear1.png?format=2500w

MainGear2.png?format=2500w

MainGear3.png?format=2500w

MainGear4.png?format=2500w

TaTa see ya!

Timmy!

• 6 months later...

Ok-

back at it!

Timmy! Spent some time with me and figured out that I had placed the front cockpit too far forward by about an eighth of an inch.. and that was screwing up all of the other forward dimensions…so; Time to cut off the forward fuselage and re-set the front cockpit to the proper location.

I’ll carefully cut the fuselage at a specific bulkhead, and graft a new fuselage section on, making sure the cockpit goes where it should this time. Duh.

UegUFzm.jpg

SzxUNkM.jpg

Luckily I’ve got a bunch of these fuselage shells

bvBIRJ0.jpg

Timmy! Has been busy cranking out printed parts for me- here’s a smattering of his awesomeness 

ENhdfjx.jpg

jdfORwG.jpg
6P1lLgk.jpg

cheers

Pete

Thanks all!

finally settled in the new house with a shop set up enough to work in.

Here are the wing blanks, slabs, flaps and aileron(s)…Also printed by Timmy! and hand delivered to me in Iowa.

the trailing edges are incredible thin. Pretty amazing stuff by my boy Timmy!

VdnrfB7.jpg