1/16 scale scratch built AT-38B Talon-The Smurf jet is back!

How about some parts?  Pig asked me a while ago to post some and I finally got some decent shots to share.

Rudder pedals.

2A8EFA50-58EB-4269-AE3D-9B99CE1AECA0.jpe

Center canopy section.

907243FB-EDD0-4D5C-BC03-ADF569618DE6.jpe

Front seat with canopy mechanism and instrument panel shroud.

12AB58E3-B1EF-4623-A0B4-9BA5A3FEE050.jpe

05FC0EE9-11C0-4F6B-91DF-D27B3DB19305.jpe

B9E478B8-4000-4E36-BF88-A42F308EC9CE.jpe

758A416E-6538-4ACE-BA90-11900599C033.jpe

Rear seat and canopy mechanism.

5B3353B1-C177-408A-AE00-B66963B2625C.jpe

8BDBC818-6E67-4273-B705-2C1C3C45BFFC.jpe

That's it for now.

Timmy!

Holy crap dude. These are insane! So excited to work these into the model! It’s almost too pretty to paint…At the rate I work, You have saved me several years of scratch building with this! Gonna be awesome brother-

cheers

Pigfighter

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

14 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

... At the rate I work, You have saved me several years of scratch building with this! Gonna be awesome brother-

cheers

Pigfighter

Hahaha! I can relate to that ...

I can't wait to see those parts installed (and painted :wicked: )

Cheers

Rainer

Pete

You just keep pushing up. Master class skill young fella. I bumped into a couple T-38's a bunch of yeras back at Langely. They were all black, white tail markings. Wish I could remember what the markings were but they just look so cool sitting there with the canopies up. Its a really nice looking ship and everything youre doing is giving it its full due moment. Makes me smile...

Best

Geoff

4 hours ago, Ironwing said:

Pete

You just keep pushing up. Master class skill young fella. I bumped into a couple T-38's a bunch of yeras back at Langely. They were all black, white tail markings. Wish I could remember what the markings were but they just look so cool sitting there with the canopies up. Its a really nice looking ship and everything youre doing is giving it its full due moment. Makes me smile...

Best

Geoff

Thanks Geoff!

Timmy! has been doing all of the heavy lifting lately with the CAD and 3D printing..I get to put his parts into my model- Pretty psyched!

Those T-38's you saw were likely from Langley. The 1 FW uses T-38's as adversary air training aids for the F-22's there. They are black with white markings, and tail coded "FF".

Cheers

Pete

Having followed this super cool thread for years, what I find really interesting is that modern technology has caught up and the length of time this build has been taking is a really good thing, rather than a drag.  With your Wingman Timmy now kicking out really cool 3D parts, this build will be better than previously imagined, if that is even possible.  Go Pig Go!

Cheers,

Chuck

37 minutes ago, chuck540z3 said:

Having followed this super cool thread for years, what I find really interesting is that modern technology has caught up 

Cheers,

Chuck

Thanks Chuck. The new tech has really jumpstarted this build and reloaded my mojo. Timmy! Has been cranking out parts for me…really complicated stuff that I planned on scratchbuilding, but his printed parts are simply better..perfect even. And he’s knocking out the simpler stuff too that would still be extremely time consuming to scratch..like the wings. Its so cool that I could conceivably build a second one in my lifetime..and I would never say that if it was 100% scratch.

cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

Hey all!

Moving out of CT, so this one is packed up for the move. It is my number one modeling priority once I get the family settled in the new house. Meanwhile Timmy! Keeps cranking out more amazing parts! Hopefully my friend will keep posting images of the incredible work he is doing here!!

should be back at the bench after the new year-

cheers

P