Hunter T7 work in progress...

mobster

Hi Guys,

Well I'm pleased to be able to show some photos of my brand new Fisher Model & Patten 1/32 Hunter T.7 conversion, designed for the excellent Revell Hunter kit. I received this conversion a few days ago. As usual with any resin from Fisher, the castings are of very high quality. Along with the resin there is an excellent photoetch sheet and decals printed by Microscale for three versions of the T.7 in RAF service. The conversion itself is very easy to use. The only casting blocks requiring a razor saw are on the bottom of the ejection seats. The remainder of the 'large' pieces come ready to use, some small pieces need to be snapped off their sprue or cut free with a #11 blade. The original Revell kit requires just one cut...about four inches of the kit spine must be cut away to make way for the resin spine. It took me all of three minutes to remove this part.

Here are a few photos of the parts included in the kit and the marking options (linked from Fisher Model & Pattern website)...

contents.jpg

cockpit1.jpg

Model_Kits_Hunter_T_7_Coversion_Set.jpg

Paul started shipping the conversions last Monday, and I believe he's quite busy casting and filling orders. If you haven't ordered a conversion yet, you can order directly from Fisher by following this link...

Hunter T7 orders

I think this first version for me will be the high speed silver 74 Sqn version with the yellow trainer bands. BTW, does anyone know how wide the trainer bands should be on a T.7?

I have already ordered two more conversion sets so I can complete the other two very attractive options.

Anyway, enough talk, here are some photos.

Cheers,

Mark

cockpit.jpg

BTW, don't do what I did in the above photo. The canopy hold open mechanism should NOT be glued so it is flush with the top of the spine. The instructions clearly explain this, but I just missed it.

DSCN1937.jpg

DSCN1938.jpg

DSCN1939.jpg

DSCN1940.jpg

Mark,

So its YOU that has got them all! Currently showing as sold out on the site!!!

Seriously, nice to see a build of this conversion. Built the Revell Hunter a couple of years ago and it is an excellent kit. Does the conversion set come with metal gear legs? Used the SAC set on mine and ended up only using the nose gear due to all the lead in the front. Main gear legs were pretty poor in my opinion.

Looks like a beautiful job so far. Hopefully I'll be able to get a set soon.

Keep us all posted!

Phil ;)

Never really liked the 2 seat version of the Hunter. Liked the twin Lightning even less. Spoiled the really good looks of the aircraft. But seeing this resin set makes me want to build one. Keeping an eye on this one and may even order a set for myself.

Chris

How long did it take to get the conversion added to the Revell kit and have it primed? When will you be finishing this kit and get the decals on, tomorrow? :popcorn:

Still have a Hunter in my stash, i will follow you on this built. Looks a dream so far!! :hi:

So its YOU that has got them all! Currently showing as sold out on the site!!!

It is now listed as 'in stock' and available for order.

How long did it take to get the conversion added to the Revell kit and have it primed? When will you be finishing this kit and get the decals on, tomorrow? :mellow:

A couple of days work is all it took, really totaling a few hours. I painted the high speed silver last night. I just masked the area for the yellow trainer bands and will paint them in the next couple of hours. I hope to start decaling this afternoon.

Cheers,

Mark

Looks fantastic, so much so I just bought an F6 on ebay for the conversion, will the nose be heavy enough to forego weights?

Awesome! No weight will be needed for the nose. The conversion also includes a set of white metal gear (nose and mains) from SAC.

Cheers,

Mark