NEWS IN HpH !!!

Mirek O

• 2 months later...

Hi for info:

Infinity Models will be the brand for injection molded planes from HpH.

First kit will be the 1/32 SB2C Helldiver. Release is scheduled for 2nd quarter of 2020. First production run will be 1000 kits.

Planned for the future are in 1/32 scale:

DH. Vampire Mk.3/ Mk.5,

Westland Wyvern,

Aichi D3A Val,

Savoia-Marchetti SM.79,

Douglas A-20 Havoc

and Bristol Beaufighter Mk.X.

There will be no more new resin kits from HpH except some large model projects like the Me-323 Gigant and maybe SR-71 in 1/32.

On 12/15/2019 at 2:34 PM, Mirek O said:

Hi for info:

Infinity Models will be the brand for injection molded planes from HpH.

First kit will be the 1/32 SB2C Helldiver. Release is scheduled for 2nd quarter of 2020. First production run will be 1000 kits.

Planned for the future are in 1/32 scale:

DH. Vampire Mk.3/ Mk.5,

Westland Wyvern,

Aichi D3A Val,

Savoia-Marchetti SM.79,

Douglas A-20 Havoc

and Bristol Beaufighter Mk.X.

There will be no more new resin kits from HpH except some large model projects like the Me-323 Gigant and maybe SR-71 in 1/32.

Count me in for a Helldiver and the 1/32 SR-71!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2019 at 1:34 PM, Mirek O said:

Hi for info:

Infinity Models will be the brand for injection molded planes from HpH

this is excellent news, some of us have played with and own, but not fond of Resin kits. I will definitely be buying the Helldiver and Val. Depending on price, maybe the others too.

Have been a fan of HPH and enjoyed building their kits, EXCEPT their Latest, the C47, i bought it, (from Hannants , £750 plus extra £80 for flaps)

i wouldnt say the kit was unbuildable as i pride myself in tackling anything , it is almost unbuildable and frankly i wont expect to see many if any completed , the c47 has exquisite surface detail but terrible fit of interior parts that are badly designed. And seem to suffer from terrible shrinkage compared to fuselage halves, (in total the interior floor is over 1cm short, the formers re too small, the quilted sidewalls at least 6mm short etc etc)

if this was a 50 quider, i would get on with it and shut up, if it was a hundered quider, I would be annoyed, at 830 quid im reall peed off with it and after building all the other kits in the range expected some issues but nothing as bad as this

the etch in the kit is too thin and has been annealed and 80% is too soft to use for the tasks required and consequently needs binning , the 80 puond extra etch flap is made of material that is too thin and is unusable and a waste of money and efffort,

my resin parts are batch 62 where the fuselage is batch 70 though this shouldnt really make a difference 

i hope their move into injection kits improves this poor over priced performance as i wont buy the b52 based on this now as i gave a 830 pound kit sat on the shelf of unfinished crap..

Edited by Markjames1968

13 hours ago, Markjames1968 said:

Have been a fan of HPH and enjoyed building their kits, EXCEPT their Latest, the C47, i bought it, (from Hannants , £750 plus extra £80 for flaps)

i wouldnt say the kit was unbuildable as i pride myself in tackling anything , it is almost unbuildable and frankly i wont expect to see many if any completed , the c47 has exquisite surface detail but terrible fit of interior parts that are badly designed. And seem to suffer from terrible shrinkage compared to fuselage halves, (in total the interior floor is over 1cm short, the formers re too small, the quilted sidewalls at least 6mm short etc etc)

if this was a 50 quider, i would get on with it and shut up, if it was a hundered quider, I would be annoyed, at 830 quid im reall peed off with it and after building all the other kits in the range expected some issues but nothing as bad as this

the etch in the kit is too thin and has been annealed and 80% is too soft to use for the tasks required and consequently needs binning , the 80 puond extra etch flap is made of material that is too thin and is unusable and a waste of money and efffort,

my resin parts are batch 62 where the fuselage is batch 70 though this shouldnt really make a difference 

i hope their move into injection kits improves this poor over priced performance as i wont buy the b52 based on this now as i gave a 830 pound kit sat on the shelf of unfinished crap..

That is truly shocking Mark, I think I’d be considering a strongly worded complaint to HpH!