NEWS IN HpH !!!

Mirek O

It will certainly be quite expensive as any other HPH kit, but they are all worth the price.

I dont think it would be as high as the Catalina. The Cat is very pricey because of the huge fiberglass hull and the full detail interior. There's not as much to be seen in the Tigercat. I think it should be more around the Me410 price.

Seems logical to me Nicolas. Im hoping you are correct on that one. 

That Tigercat looks big.

I fear a similar price.

It is a pretty large aircraft.  In reality as far as wingspan goes, its nearly identical to the P-38s wingspan IIRC. 

Edited by Out2gtcha

My only issue with these big resin kits continues to be the maddening practice of carrying the gear leg stiffening wire down into the tire.

They're doing it here for the nose gear.

Not much p1sses me ff more than being FORCED to spend good money for what, in a kit this price range, should contain hard metal gear a la G Factor.

Yup.  I have a Fisher F4D that's been sitting on a shelf and the smaller links to the main gear have completely collapsed, and then the larger main struts followed.  NOT happy.

Edited by kalashnikov-47

Guest Peterpools

Ernie

Right with you in wishing HPH included either their own hard metal gear or a set of G Factor gear with the kit rather then use the current method of strengthening the gear. I sure would be willing to pay the extra cost with the kit rather the hunt and hope G Factor makes a set. But I'm still more then thankful for their efforts in bringing forth a Tigercat and can live with the gear.

Peter

Hold on?

Fisher uses G-Factor gear.

It couldn't hold the weight?

Sorry for going off topic here.  It's only to illustrate Clunkmeister's point.

Not always G-Factor.  Fisher is inconsistent in sourcing things from 3rd parties.

The F7U has main gear legs from G-Factor.  The long nose gear leg is a resin casting with a metal insert. 

The F4D, all three L/G assemblies are resin castings with wire inserts in the larger parts only.  Ditto for the F9F Panther & Cougar. 

The Sea Fury had G-Factor legs.

This is the same part on the F4D before and after shelf-sitting:

DSCN0222-586x600.jpg

DSCN0221-450x600.jpg

I don't mind at all paying big bucks for good resin kits. 

And at this price point I would have no issue in paying a little more to have had the G-Factor gear included.

I haven't built an HPH kit yet, but there's a few in my stash.  I don't think they weigh as much as the Fisher models,

but still, resin is heavier than injection molded styrene plastic.

Edited by kalashnikov-47

Has the Walrus not put you off?

A little. But the F7F is a WHOLE different animal.  I dont care if its resin, or IM or a combo. I WILL build this; no matter the manu, medium or price............as long as its accurate and not the horrible vac copy I currently have.  :lol: 

Guest Peterpools

Have you spoken or emailed Paul Fisher yet? If there is a problem, Paul will make good. Could be some bad resin - it does happen

I've built Paul's Sea Fury and the Meteor F.8 Cpnversion and have four more of Paul's kit in the stash
Panther

Cougar

PT22

Skyray

When ever I had a problem or an issue I couldn't resolve, a quick email to Paul and he was on the case

Peter

Actually, I had only noticed this very recently after the model had been sitting on a shelf for months, possibly a year.

It hadn't occurred to me yet to contact FMP, but I just sent them a message.  I've built the Sea Fury, Panther & Cougar,

the Cutlass.  This F4D is my fifth Fisher build.

Very interested in what Paul has to say as a solution to the problem

Peter

He replied very quickly.  He said he had one that he built do the same thing to him.  So he beefed up the parts with a thicker, stiffer wire

on the later kits he made, and he offered replacements.  So I'll have some surgery to do once those parts get here.

Peter, you've seen what collapsed on my model.  Before you start yours you might want to check your kit and see if those parts are reinforced.