NEWS IN HpH !!!

Mirek O

Im pretty sure (correct me if Im wrong here Dean) Dean was being ironic/sarcastic.

Absolutely. A stab at the "unbuildable" brigade.

If a model has a couple of wings - maybe more from WNW - and a cockpit, I'm happy.

If the wings are in the middle & the cockpit towards the front, all the better.

• 2 weeks later...

Jirkas hands in action :-)I hope it will be usefulll for you  :-)

Well, useful?

I learned one or two things but the guy who made the video is not really considering safety as a priority!

Brushing cellulose thinner without any warning, using toluene to thin contact glue without a mask, spreading putty with his fingers without gloves, etc.

I think our Czech friends should think twice before posting such a video...

I'm not paranoid about safety but complying with a minimum of rules seem necessary to me.

Thierry

Thanks a lot for the video guys ! I dont have enough time to watch it all now, but for sure i will this evening !

Thierry, indeed some products can be harmful for health but everybody should be aware of that. I'm not even sure one can still find toluene here (highly toxic and carcinogenic if i remember correctly).

On the other hand i never put gloves when i spread some putty. I usually dont do it with fingers, but if so, i dont think it's really a problem.

What can be an issue is that it's a tutorial video intended to give the example. So why not adding a few warnings at the begining of the video ? (like "always wear glasses, a mask, gloves, please work in a well ventilated area, this product is known to cause cancer in California, and so on...")

Edited by Zero77

Guest Vulcan32

I'm not even sure one can still find toluene here (highly toxic and carcinogenic if i remember correctly).

Toluene is in nearly all enamels, polishes, nail polishes and removers. Printing of glossy magazines is just possible when using toluene. It´s also in your car exhausts, because it´s part of fuel.

It´s not that toxic and carcinogenic as you wrote, that´s benzene, a chemical relative to toluene.

But you´re right, warnings should be part of the video.

Toluene is in nearly all enamels, polishes, nail polishes and removers. Printing of glossy magazines is just possible when using toluene. It´s also in your car exhausts, because it´s part of fuel.

It´s not that toxic and carcinogenic as you wrote, that´s benzene, a chemical relative to toluene.

But you´re right, warnings should be part of the video.

Toulene is not that bad, ask any junkie. Please note the HPH is not from US, where on each coffee cup is written that coffee is hot. Their kits (and videos) are obviously intended for humans.

Please accept my apology !!!

The video material is not an official material of HpH company. It is only amateur endeavor to answer numerous questions and pleas for help.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please observe all safety recommendations that you can imagine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like have modeling as all joy no worries!!!! 

Publication of other parts I will consider very. 

Again please take my apology.