NEWS IN HpH !!!

Mirek O

Especially as it would imply huge PE sheets. And the fit on the wing leading edge would not be a piece of cake. I still remember how i struggle to glue the PE radiators of my Macchi M.39, and they were just radiators  (no need to be accurate to the 1/10th mm).

I very much doubt the PE will come pre-applied. 

That would mean HpH would have to pay skilled modellers to apply the PE before shipping the kit. The cost will be horrendous as it is! Adding a substantial additional cost to an already very expensive kit would take it out of the reach of all but the wealthiest modellers - or, at least, those with the biggest credit limits! It would also open up quality control issues - best to leave PE application to the buyers, as this keeps the cost down, negates the need to employ modellers to model (rather than create kits) and stops HpH having to check the PE is applied consistently. As it's a 100% manual task, that would not be easy.

I very much doubt the PE will come pre-applied. 

That would mean HpH would have to pay skilled modellers to apply the PE before shipping the kit. The cost will be horrendous as it is! Adding a substantial additional cost to an already very expensive kit would take it out of the reach of all but the wealthiest modellers - or, at least, those with the biggest credit limits! It would also open up quality control issues - best to leave PE application to the buyers, as this keeps the cost down, negates the need to employ modellers to model (rather than create kits) and stops HpH having to check the PE is applied consistently. As it's a 100% manual task, that would not be easy.

Dean, I'm not talking about pre-applying the PE before shipping out the kit. I'm talking about adding the PE to the masters, so that the detail they provide becomes part of the resin parts after casting. This makes much more sense to me than supplying naked resin and bunch of flat PE sheets. It would not only make the model much more work, but probably much more expensive, too.

Kev

I would imagine all that is being shown here is the master surface being prepared. The metal skinning being applied so that all kits will have a raised rivet surface as per the actual airframe?

Just a thought

Cheers Anthony

Oops Kev looks like we posted the same thought at the same time....lol

Edited by Anthony in NZ

Dean, I'm not talking about pre-applying the PE before shipping out the kit. I'm talking about adding the PE to the masters, so that the detail they provide becomes part of the resin parts after casting. This makes much more sense to me than supplying naked resin and bunch of flat PE sheets. It would not only make the model much more work, but probably much more expensive, too.

Kev

I see - but why would they use coloured PE sheets in that case? Maybe lost in translation somewhere perhaps?

The Me232 wings look just absolutely ridiculously big. Stupidly, manically so.

Will anybody buy that?

I see - but why would they use coloured PE sheets in that case? Maybe lost in translation somewhere perhaps?

But that's exactly my point. Heinz' post suggests that it will be shipped that way, but that approach doesn't make any sense to me. Hence my query for clarification.

Kev

But that's exactly my point. Heinz' post suggests that it will be shipped that way, but that approach doesn't make any sense to me. Hence my query for clarification.

Kev

After seeing the issues involved with attempting to glue down etched radiators on the Aerotech Macchies I would say that unless HpH have developed a new form of super adhesive that is ultra thin (wont form lumps under the pe), allows time for fine adjustment andforms a permament bond in all weather conditions then this kit will be unbuildable.

Brent

I'll bet the DC-3 will be re-cast with the PE details added so we get a nicely detailed wing.. HpH will only have to produce limited numbers of the PE for the master, imagine the cost and weight of the PE sheets added to a wing in kit form. It just doesn't make any sense..

I'll buy a GIGANT, if I can afford it... I just have no idea where to put it when built.. I'm struggling with a 1/72nd IL-86!, I'd want to take it to shows too, but who has room for a 32nd GIGANT on their table?!?! :evil_laugh:

Guest Clunkmeister

Well.....

image.jpg1_zps8pa2gj31.jpg

You KNOW I'd buy one, or two, or three. I'd even build them too.

Not many guys can say an airplane made them deaf.

I can

:)

Edited by Clunkmeister

I would buy any A-20 version, as well as the C-47 and specially the SM 79.

1/32 B-29, really not caring if I have to sell the car and move out of my room to build one. Will buy.

I agree with Rog, a Do 17Z is an overlooked subject in 1/32 and I think it would be a best seller. The missing link on the major BoB german bombers.

Appreciate the comments about HpH moving from single to multi engine subjects but I wonder if a Hurricane Mk.I would not be a good seller either. I keep hearing people not being able to find the Pacific Models´ kit for sale very easily and the Revell one seems to be a bit dated.

Henrique

Guest Vulcan32

Hi,

back from a working trip I will response to a few posts before I leave to Brussels tomorrow.

To add the coloured PE ist the idea now, it´s in the stage of testing. Maybe they find out that is too tricky. But those of you who take the Helldiver will see how thin the PE parts are. I also would prefer the surface casted in resin. There´s a long way to release, so everything can change. We will see.

Cheers, Heinz