NEWS IN HpH !!!

Mirek O

Hi Roy!

The price is not know yet as usual in our "company" . But you can expect price close to price of Me-410 (app. depend of how much we will pay for PE parts, decals, ...... ).

To preorder it is the best way to send us e-mail to info@hphmodels.cz, with full name, full address and app time when you will bring it.

Mirek 

Mirek,

Looking at the instructions, I have two concerns - both regarding the wheel wells.  Would the main wheel actually fit the way it is designed?  When trying to get anything useful out of the Classic Airframes kit, the wheel well struck me as being somewhat shallow in spite of the bump in the lower wing (similar to what you have done).  The only way I think deHavilland would squeeze that wheel inside the sleek nacelle would be to let the wheel partly be housed inside the wing profile - like they did with the Mosquito.  The wheel well should therefore be open between the main and rear spars and then having it boxed off at the sides, making the upper wing skin the roof of the wheel well.  The other concern is the position of the forward bulkhead/engine firewall - this looks to be fitting vertically inside the nacelle, and I would have thought this would follow the panel line on the outside to allow enough space for the air intake ducting to the Merlins.  As it is now, the panel line doesn't quite follow the structure behind it...  I haven't got access to any images that can explain what I mean at the moment.

Edit:  I have now looked through my Hornet folder on my computer, and the representation of the wheelwell doesn't match what I see in the drawings.  The wing structure is hollow between the ribs either side of the wheel well .

dh-103-37c_zps19609418.jpg

wing02_zpsda437913.jpg

Regarding the firewall, it looks more upright in this drawing, but the top of the bulkhead is aligned with the position of the main spar of the wing (which makes sense structurally).

hornetgear_zpsab9087c4.jpg

But looking at the GA of the engine nacelle, the firewall appears to be aligned with the panel line

dh-103-53b_zps8832fde8.jpg

Jens

Edited by jenshb

... Unfortunately the Whirlwind project we have canceled, because some "competitor"  announced it ...

Mirek   

Hi Mirek ...

I haven't seen any competitor advertisments for a future release of the Whirlwind??? ... Any ideas as to when "someone" might be putting one out? ...

It saddens me to think that your work was stalled on what appears to be a rumour? ... or speculation?

Don't get me wrong - ALL of your products seem top rate to me (I have the Walrus and the Catapult already - and soon the 410) ... and the Hornet is very beautiful ... but the Whirlwind is somewhat more attractive to me ...

Is there ANY chance of you re-considering it?

Rog :)

Hi Mirek ...

I haven't seen any competitor advertisments for a future release of the Whirlwind??? ... Any ideas as to when "someone" might be putting one out? ...

It saddens me to think that your work was stalled on what appears to be a rumour? ... or speculation?

Don't get me wrong - ALL of your products seem top rate to me (I have the Walrus and the Catapult already - and soon the 410) ... and the Hornet is very beautiful ... but the Whirlwind is somewhat more attractive to me ...

Is there ANY chance of you re-considering it?

Rog :)

I hope you might be able to continue with it. I would buy two myself.

I had been working on one myself which could have been injection moulded, but the timing and costs blew out considerably from the initial quotes. The 1/72 scale kit we were working on at the time took about another two years to be released. Now my Whirlwind sits in a box somewhere, only the basic shapes complete. :-(

Hi!

To the Hornet question. Yes we do not know exactly how it was. We have spend a lot of time to found the right solution and the result is presented in the box. Now we know a bit more but the model is in the forms then no change to do something. Really wanted to do it in our best.

The Whirlwind will be in production in one company as "classic plastic" model. Bud I promised to keep the vendor in top secret and I do not know the date of issue. That is the real reason why we stopped this.

Today we have finished developing of LETOV Å¡-328, then per few weeks will be in the box.

Mirek  

While it is understandable that you do not wish to tear up your work at this stage - would it not be possible to make new wheel wells and forward bulkheads so that the modeller could make the necessary modification to the lower wings to incorporate the correct wheel wells?  Alternatively, would you consider modifying the pattern for a future Sea Hornet release as the panel lines and hinge blisters will require a new wing (unless the modeller will be required to scribe the panel lines and add separately cast blisters).  The forward bulkhead would be new, but this could be an additional component.  The practical impact on the undercarriage should be small as  the hinge point would be the same.

Jens

Edited by jenshb