F 14A Tomcat in 1/18 scale

Marek

Fantastic work there, they look so REAL! I wasn't ready for how large those exhausts would be in 1/18, but the photo showing it in your hand really conveys it's size.

Great to see you back at the bench!

Can you tell how did you treat the foil? Looks really convincing and very cool!!!

Great work, Marek ... as usual!

exhaust looks cool - did you burn the foil?

Two questions about what I did with the foil, so:<p>First of all I would not sey that it was the foil. That was rather aluminium sheet plate 0.3 mm and 0.2 mm. When I kat the pieces and glue thinks together I used Tamiya Wetherig set. First I apied Burnred, then Burnblue and finaly Steinsoil. That is it.

Edited by Marek

Marek - what an amazing piece of work you've done.

I've only just now discovered this thread and I am amazed. I would suggest you buy shares in Evergreen with the amount you must be using ;-)

I failed find out - it's from a prebuilt finished model you are working - right?

Since I only now joined in I didn't hear about you sickness before, but I am glad you are on mend again.

Looking forward to following this...

Hi Marek,

The F-14A is large in any scale, but in 1/18 scale, it must be a momterous size! It is obvious that this is very much a long term build, and you are doing it all the hard way - one piece at a time. One thing is for sure, if you manage to see it out to the end, then you shall have something that will be both amazing and unique.

Keep up the great work :goodjob:

Derek

Thank you Thomas and Derek. You are very kind to me.

Thomas. Yes, that was a prebuild toy. It has only great shape ad that is why I decided to make model out of it. :beer4:

Thank you Thomas and Derek. You are very kind to me.

Thomas. Yes, that was a prebuild toy. It has only great shape ad that is why I decided to make model out of it. :beer4:

Here are some pictures of how it lookt like:

23092011042.jpg

23092011040.jpg

_IGP9894.jpg

_IGP9897.jpg

_IGP9892.jpg

_IGP9890.jpg

_IGP9889.jpg

_IGP9888.jpg

_IGP9893.jpg

_IGP9891.jpg

Yes guis. The paiting job on this toy Tomcat was most pecular. Allso the panel lines are so dip that it looks rather like trench. I´ll strip the paint, fill the trenches and resctibe and rivet the whole plane. Repaint everything. Then I´ll put Fightertown decales.

Now I´m makeing the second exhoust. the more openone. I think that it is may by not more dificould but surely more time consuming one. More detale that must be shown. Pictures of that exhoust soon.