p-51D hasegawa

gomer

Gomer, you've clearly been having some trouble with your images here. I've cleaned up the thread and fixed them for you, except for the first post, which I can't delete as it 'defines' the topic.

Anyway, you're basically choosing the wrong option to copy in Photobucket. The one you want is at the bottom of the drop-down list, labelled "IMG Code". If you click edit on one of your posts above, you'll see what it looks like when pasted in.

Kev

Gomer, you've clearly been having some trouble with your images here. I've cleaned up the thread and fixed them for you, except for the first post, which I can't delete as it 'defines' the topic.

Anyway, you're basically choosing the wrong option to copy in Photobucket. The one you want is at the bottom of the drop-down list, labelled "IMG Code". If you click edit on one of your posts above, you'll see what it looks like when pasted in.

Kev

sorry kev thanks for the help i will be more careful

looking good. here is a Hasegawa kit I covered with foil and painted some areas silver. you know you can use the dullside of household foil. use a photo spray adhesive to attach it.

Bruce

P51.jpg

Bruce_Radebaugh_131_P-51Dspinner_.jpg

nationalentryshot1_sm.jpg

SANY0324.jpg

more foil applied any imput is welcomed

you know you can use the dullside of household foil. use a photo spray adhesive to attach it.

Just be really careful with any adhesives other than foil adhesive. Sometimes the spray stuff can clump on you and it will DEFINITELY show up once the foil is laid down......Also, if you decide to thin it and/or apply it with a brush or applicator, apply the glue in the direction of the natural kitchen foil grain and it will be much less noticeable.

Stang is looking great Gomer! :speak_cool:

Cheers,

Brian

thanks, yours is coming along fine. you can also change the direction of the foil. you might notice that the foil has a grain to it and if you change the direction of the grain it will pick up the light differently.

bruce

thanks brian i have been using microscales micro metal foil adhesive seems to work real well

bruce your stang looks great

gomer

thanks, yours is coming along fine. you can also change the direction of the foil. you might notice that the foil has a grain to it and if you change the direction of the grain it will pick up the light differently.

bruce

I use kitchen foil strictly and reserve BMF only for areas I want some contrast in as far as tint, but generally the glue isnt strong enough for me and tends to come off sometimes, where as I have had great luck actually masking and painting over household kitchen foil.

Bruce is correct; the natural grain of kitchen foil VS BMF is very evident once applied to the model. This can be seen if you foil as the real 1:1 plane was built; panel by panel, varying the grain VS the panel next to it and keeping thing symmetrical by foiling a panel, and then foiling its match on the opposite side of the wing/fuse/stab/rudder ect.

Also dont discount the dollar store foil. Its thin and cheap but I buy all different kinds of foil from cheapy thin stuff all the way up to the Renalds Wrap Heavy duty to foil candy wrappers I find. Together and reversing sides, they make a wide variety of grains and looks.

Here is a P-47D of mine that shows a fair example of this. Per documentation I grained the foil with a variety of things to achieve the look I wanted. Especially on the fuse top where anti-glare panels reside, where the paint needs more "bite" to stick properly. This is slightly hard to see after the full length anti-glare strip was added. Some of the upper sections of the fuse are grained with the fuse from top to bottom as apposed to front to back giving it a more realistic machined aluminum look after graining:

SORRY FOR THE UN-GODLY HUGE PIC! (I though LSP scaled these down after posting but I guess not! If you right click on the pic and then left click on "view image" you can actually get the whole image on the screen. lol)

IMG_1328.JPG

I also used varying chemical process on my kitchen foil to produce everything from deep dark grays, to light platinum colors to a bleach solution that produces golds, greens, purples and different heat treated looks.

Here is a Trumpy bearcat of mine that is an example of panels treated with an egg shell water solution and then grained after being burnished on the model to produce a flatter, more worn look:

DSC00279.JPG

DSC00309.JPG

I only offer these techniques as examples since modeling is an ART to me and there is no right or wrong for me, just individual tastes and tecniques for each modeler.

Your doing a great job Gomer! Your pony is coming along nicely. Im about to start a 1/32 Has mustang in foil myself......

Cheers,

Brian