LSP Kit Database data collection thread!

LSP_Kevin

OK, Thomas, the Eduard  Bf 109 and Revell Hurricane images will come in very handy, and I'll add them today. The Mustang and Lancaster are already there, and have been for some time. Thanks very much for the assist, we appreciate that greatly.

30 minutes ago, Thomas Lund said:

Oh I thought the 'image' icon on the left of the list meant that there were a box photo of it. The Lancaster and Mustand does not have that icon, but do have a box photo when you go in

Yea, the public access pages/database can take some getting used to, no question about it. The admin area, on the other hand, is a real snap.

• 1 year later...

Hello Kevin, thanks for adding this topic as I'm new this hobby group and I'm not real good on navigating this suite and all benefits it has to offer and a world wide Hobbyist haved contributed to for a wealth of information,  as once said by a executive of Germam company Porsche " hire character and we can teach skills" and that's how I look at this hobby suite. I'm looking to figure out to start with is questions on specific questions on builds and aftermarket upgraded that others have encountered and associated problems and solutions so here goes my first question, I have a after market MDC japanese float set of 1/32 scale to expensive Tamiya kits and is there an alternative kit it maybe able to adapt to as I have many Nichimo 1/35 scale A6M5 Zeke kits and how much off on looks and measurements exceptable or not if one once to enter it for show in a military museum would it would be to adapt my other specific question would be what available aftermarket sets for all Wingnut wings Gotha series so to shortens Question how to look up builds on specific brand models in the database library? Please see through the mumbled text I will for now on keep it short thanks for simple instructions and directions on opening database. Brock t

42 minutes ago, Brock said:

Hello Kevin, thanks for adding this topic as I'm new this hobby group and I'm not real good on navigating this suite and all benefits it has to offer and a world wide Hobbyist haved contributed to for a wealth of information,  as once said by a executive of Germam company Porsche " hire character and we can teach skills" and that's how I look at this hobby suite. I'm looking to figure out to start with is questions on specific questions on builds and aftermarket upgraded that others have encountered and associated problems and solutions so here goes my first question, I have a after market MDC japanese float set of 1/32 scale to expensive Tamiya kits and is there an alternative kit it maybe able to adapt to as I have many Nichimo 1/35 scale A6M5 Zeke kits and how much off on looks and measurements exceptable or not if one once to enter it for show in a military museum would it would be to adapt my other specific question would be what available aftermarket sets for all Wingnut wings Gotha series so to shortens Question how to look up builds on specific brand models in the database library? Please see through the mumbled text I will for now on keep it short thanks for simple instructions and directions on opening database. Brock t

The easiest way to research the database for builds and whatnot, is to go to the search engine and seek out a specific list of kits. Once the kit has been selected, there is frequently a listing of associated articles for that aircraft that are clickable. Unfortunately, not all articles are yet associated in this manner, but we do work to improve that area and add new listings.

Also, in the future, this sort of question is best posted in the LSP Discussion area.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2022 at 9:24 PM, Brock said:

Hi. The only other kit you could possibly use is the Doyusha 1/32 A6M2 Zero. However, the MDC float kit is tailored for the Tamiya kit. This means using it on another model will ask for conversion skills and a lot of elbow grease! Not the easiest path for sure! The Doyusha kit or one of the earlier releases (https://www.scalemates.com/fr/kits/doyusha-40249-mitsubishi-a6m2b-zero--1326137) is cheaper but not VERY cheap and easily available if you get a new kit (with p&p cost). Last, the level of detail is not comparable as this is more a toy than a model (no actual cockpit, very basic engine, etc.). Last, the Nichimo kit depicts a later airframe mark and is close to 10% too small (1/35). Hth. Thierry

• 6 months later...

Thanks so much for the database guys. I thought I knew all the 1/24 kits from internet searches and ebay pecking,  but it took the database to discover there is a P-40, actually. I had had no idea and now I'm an owner of one of these babies (but smashed the model budget to pieces getting it!). 

2 hours ago, Jim Barry said:

Thanks so much for the database guys. I thought I knew all the 1/24 kits from internet searches and ebay pecking,  but it took the database to discover there is a P-40, actually. I had had no idea and now I'm an owner of one of these babies (but smashed the model budget to pieces getting it!). 

It is indeed a very handy resource.

• 7 months later...
46 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

For various reasons, we never use the first name of the author. Thanks again, we certainly appreciate it.

This comes from the fact that the original source material upon which our reference database is based, came from Charles Metz, who was a medical scientist and academic. In academia, when citing authors, first names are not used. Other than brevity, I'm not even sure why, to be honest! I guess there's nothing stopping us from adding them, but I elected not to for the sake of consistency - unless someone wants to backfill the existing 6000 records!

Kev