1/32 Mk XVIII Tse-Tse Mosquito

Out2gtcha

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
1 minute ago, Vandy 1 VX 4 said:

I heard someone was doing a 3-D printed one?  
Still waiting !!!!!!   Lol :BANGHEAD2:    

Ive got a new 12k AnyCubic 3D printer coming in August...............Ive been contemplating scanning my current Paragon conversion and making a printable STL. 

I just dont have the printer ...............or the software................or experience on that software...........yet.  

But Ideas abound! 

I too have the Paragon conversion destined for a Tamiya Mossie. The only thing Paragon didn't include in their conversion set is the ejection port bits for the artillery rounds from the rear bomb bay section. Fortunately, that won't be too difficult to scratch-build into the existing kit parts. I also intend to use sheet styrene or another medium to depict the armor plating, rather than attempting to splice the Paragon nose pieces into the Tamiya kit. The less kit surgery, the better I say.

For what it's worth, the 1/72 Hasegawa Tse-Tse kit comprises a very accurate and complete conversion for the Mk.XVIII. Need some inspiration, or guidance on what to convert and where, color callouts, markings, etc, it's a great starting point.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

1 hour ago, Dennis7423 said:

I too have the Paragon conversion destined for a Tamiya Mossie. The only thing Paragon didn't include in their conversion set is the ejection port bits for the artillery rounds from the rear bomb bay section. Fortunately, that won't be too difficult to scratch-build into the existing kit parts. I also intend to use sheet styrene or another medium to depict the armor plating, rather than attempting to splice the Paragon nose pieces into the Tamiya kit. The less kit surgery, the better I say.

For what it's worth, the 1/72 Hasegawa Tse-Tse kit comprises a very accurate and complete conversion for the Mk.XVIII. Need some inspiration, or guidance on what to convert and where, color callouts, markings, etc, it's a great starting point.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Anybody knows what happened to the Paragon moulds?

They just disappeared 

14 hours ago, iaf-man said:

Anybody knows what happened to the Paragon moulds?

They just disappeared 

One would need the patterns to make more

(RTV) molds and canopies. My RTV moulds from that era have deteriorated. 

Back in the day the Revell kit was everywhere and inexpensive.   One can still find the gem but a total conversion cost today would be expensive.   3D printing has yet to lower costs.   But updating the Revell kit is a lot fun for those who like that kind of thing.  Update the Tamiya kit is bit $$$ scary.

I have the Tamiya and HLM bomber and the fighter variants.  I am one of those I guess that now have enough Mosquitoes. 

Rick, Mossies are like Mustangs, Doras and Spits. One can never have too many-I have at least 2 1/48 scale birds and one 1/32 version and all from Tamiya. I plan to get a third bird in the former scale, and one day, I will make versions of RCAF 418 Sq., RAAF 464 Sq and FAA Banf Wing-one day...:).

How do you like the HK versions though?